The avocado is botanically a large berry that grows on a tree that can reach 6 feet tall, and like the banana, which ripens 1-2 weeks after being elected. This fruit is classified in the same family as camphor and cinnamon.
it was found that the oldest evidence of avocado in a cave in Puebla, Mexico, and dates back to around 10,000 B. Due to its impressive nutritional value, avocados are often referred to as the healthiest food of the world.
These amazing fruits are of great help in numerous health conditions because they contain the following vitamins, minerals and important nutrients and:
- vitamin C
- vitamin E
- vitamin K
- vitamin B1
- vitamin B2
- vitamin B3
- vitamin B5
- vitamin B6
- vitamin B9
- potassium (An avocado contains more potassium a banana, because it contains 14% and a banana contains 10% potassium)
therefore, it can be extremely useful in various health conditions:
- avocados contain an antioxidant called glutathione that prevents heart disease, cancer and delay the signs of aging.
- They help our body absorb 5 times the amount of carotenoids (lycopene and beta-carotene).
- These amazing fruits are rich in beta-sitosterol, and can reduce bad cholesterol by 22% and increase good cholesterol by 11%. It also reduces blood triglycerides by 20%.
- They contain 23% of folic acid decreases the incidence of heart disease and stroke. They also contain vitamin E, monounsaturated fats and glutathione, which are also good for the heart. Folate is also essential in preventing birth defects, such as spina bifida and neural tube defects.
- Avocados cleanse the bowels, relieve bad breath.
- Avocados also contain carotenoids lutein more than any other fruit, which in use in protection against macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Polyphenols and Flavonoids in avocados have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glutathione is found in avocado fights free radicals.
Our blood cells carry oxygen throughout the body, and when we are exposed to environmental pollutants, these toxins changing the oxygen in our mitochondria into free radicals, destroying our cells and DNA and creating chronic diseases. Studies conducted by the Federation of the American Society of Experimental Biology showed that glutathione in avocados can be absorbed into our mitochondria and then can neutralize free radicals.
- According to the research, high oleic acid prevents breast cancer, inhibits tumor growth in prostate cancer and seeks oral cancer and precancerous cells and destroys them.
- avocado extract is combined with soybean oil can reduce symptoms of arthritis.
- Avocado oil draws heavily skin and represents a beneficial treatment for psoriasis and other skin irritations.
- Avocados can help in the process of weight loss as they are rich in fiber and will help you feel fuller longer. High fiber helps metabolic health and stabilizes blood sugar.