When it comes to sleep, everyone has their own favorite sleeping position.
According to experts, there are certain positions that are recommended for good health. Most of them advise that sleeping on your back can be good for your health.
However, if you are one of those who prefer to sleep on his right side, it’s time to change that, as there are many factors that indicate that this position during sleep can have a detrimental effect on their health.
And here is why:
In pregnant women
There are several reasons why doctors recommend pregnant women not to sleep on the right side:
- is believed to sleep on this side is not good for the placenta, which plays an essential role in the health of the baby.
- circulation of the blood is reduced, that her unborn baby is getting
- is a fact that the increase comes along with pregnancy weight, so sleeping on the right side for a prolonged period of time can put pressure on the liver because their weight is higher than normal. This can be very detrimental to your health.
- You can limit the nutrients your baby can get through the foods you eat.
- The scariest part about sleeping on the right side is that it can increase the risk of stillbirth. In the last six months doubled the risk, which is strongly recommended to avoid sleeping on the right side as you can!
By their health
Sleeping on the right side is not only unfavorable for pregnant women, but for everyone! This sleeping position can give some disadvantages to health, so be sure to avoid sleeping on that side as much as possible.
- Acidity: Most pregnant women are susceptible to heartburn. However, all adults may experience heartburn, and sleeping on the right side can only make the problem worse.
- Precancerous :. It is known that GERD or gastroesophageal reflux is bad for the esophagus, so the muscle end zone, which is next to the stomach can lead to cancer
- Numbness: If you prefer to sleep on the right side, or even sometimes the left side, you have surely noticed that usually when you wake up feeling crushed numbness of the arm. This is because most of its weight is introduced only in one arm, leading to restricted blood flow. Furthermore, it is pressed down nerve, causing needles and pins. This could wake up at night and cause difficulties for you to get back to sleep. In some cases, it can even lead to sleep disruption or insomnia.
Assuming you’re not not pregnant, sleeping on the right side is all bad, because it can slow the heart rate and blood pressure, thereby improving the health of your heart.
However, sleep on their backs is the best position recommended for all!
Love this article?
Share with your friends on Facebook!