I need a laugh
The news is tragic and negative; the constant flood of politics and sadness in our world is enough to send one falling into a tailspin.
A friend gave me this list of "Amazing Home Remedies". Perhaps I could learn some more tips on cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and vinegar? No, these tips are better than that! Ready? Laughter.
Incredible, simple, home remedies
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water into your throat. Presto! The block will be eliminated instantly.
2. Avoid cutting yourself when cutting vegetables by having someone else hold them while you cut.
3. Avoid discussions about the toilet seat. Use the sink.
4. For those suffering from high blood pressure, simply cut and blood a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a stopwatch.
5. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from turning over and going back to sleep after pressing the repeat button.
6. If you have a strong cough, take a large dose of laxatives … Then you will be afraid to cough.
7. You only need two tools in life … WD-40 and tape. If it does not move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and should not, use tape.
8. If you can not fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
9. And finally, always remember this. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
There now. Oh, some of you do not think they're funny? Good now. Let's see some more tips. Maybe, how to stay young? If that's funny But, seriously, these are serious.
1. Laugh often. Laugh until you're out of breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend a lot of time with him / her. (My friends make me laugh, but they do not know!)
2. Use your brain. Do crosswords, play, read books that make you think. Keep learning (and forgetting)!
3. Be sociable. Be open to making new friends. Tell the people you love that you love them. Keep only cheerful friends. The grunts knock you down. (If after reading this, your cheerful friends avoid you, then you have identified "the grumpy one.")
4. Exercise more. I work in the garden. Walk, breathe deeply. Jog. Find something that makes you get up from that chair or couch. Do push-ups on your knees. Do something! (I do it, I do it.) I open and close the refrigerator door, I open it, I close it, the one that opens.)
5. Eat fatty fish, lots of vegetables, less dark meat, less carbohydrates. (But you can eat all the pickles you want)
6. Eat less. In a restaurant, order what you want. Then eat half of that. (I'm still working on this!)
7. Stretch and strengthen. (My best are on my back on the floor!)
8. Protect your skin. (Do not smoke, use a skin protector from the sun's rays)
9. Forgive those who have hurt you. Forgive yourself for your slips. (That's the hard part.)
10. Surround yourself with what you love, be it family, pets, books, movies, hobbies, memories, music, plants, etc. Your home is your refuge. (But do not do it)
11. There will be sad times. Life is rough. Tears happen. Grieve, take your time … we are all different. And then, move on. Live to the fullest while you are on this earth. (Refer to # 5. Live life to the fullest. Eat a box of chocolates.)
There are tips that I have forgotten. Write me and tell me what you think [email protected] juditabler @ awomansview (That's it, no .com).
Judi Tabler lives in Pawnee County and is a guest columnist for the Great Bend Tribune. You can be contacted at [email protected] Visit his website juditabler.com.