We’ve probably all heard of the healing properties of turmeric. In fact, its medicinal properties and their accessories (curcumin) have been the subject of more than 5,600 peer-reviewed and published studies …
These are some of the many medicinal properties of turmeric:
- anti-inflammatory drugs
- Antidepressants (Prozac)
- anticoagulants (aspirin)
- -Diabetes Analgesics drugs ( metformin)
- drugs arthritis
- inflammatory drugs bowel disease
- cholesterol drugs (Lipitor)
Moroccan soup carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion organic yellow
- 1 pound large organic carrots, diced ½ inch (about 2 cups) ⅔
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth or vegetable
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, cream or plain yogurt fraishe, optional for garnish
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat . Then add the onion and leave for 2 minutes. After the mixture of carrots and broth. When it starts to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the carrots become very tender. It usually takes about 20 minutes.
Take a small pan and place the cumin seeds. Mix on medium heat until fragrant. It usually takes about 5 minutes. Then grind them in a spice grinder.
Remove the soup from the heat and puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Then go to a saucepan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice and allspice and season with salt and pepper.
Finally, pour the soup into a bowl.
may optionally sprinkle with toasted cumin, cumin or mix with sour cream and rationed at the top.
Enjoy good taste!