A stiff neck is commonly the result of the following:
- muscle strain or sprain
- position inadequate sleep
- sports injuries, hindering neck
- Any activity involving several times to turn his head from side to side, like swimming
- poor posture, such as slouching while working on the computer
- excessive stress, which can result in neck strain
- argues the neck in an abnormal position for a long period (eg, holding a phone between the neck and shoulder).
A massage is often effective in relieving this pain. However, stiff neck is very annoying and debilitating, so most people just want to get rid of it immediately. According Allyn Kakuk, DPT, a physiotherapist welfare of the Mayo Clinic, there is a simple routine that you can do to get rid of pain in just 60 seconds. This is how:
Step 1 #
locate the point of pain. If you are on the right side of your neck or upper back, put your right hand in the area. For a sore left hand, use your left hand.
Step 2 #
The use of a pressure firmly press the painful area with your fingers. This can cause some pain, but nothing unbearable. In the words of Kakuk “It should be a good damage that can be tolerated, not a sharp pain.” Alternatively, you can use a tennis ball or other strut if you can not quite reach the sensitive spot. Simply rely on a wall to pry.
Step 3 #
The next thing to do is turn your head slightly in the opposite direction cramp, and fold diagonally, as if trying to touch her armpit with his chin. The thing is that you can actually relax the cramped muscle by applying pressure on it.
Step 4 #
continuously, do steps 1-3 to 20 times. Finally, give your neck and upper back a nice, long stretch. Repeat the series during the day to keep the relaxed muscle.