The re-entry of marijuana in the consciousness of the mainstream has come on the back of revelations that the herb has massive potential cancer cure. Cannabinoids, molecules inside the plant, into the human body in consumption and receivers already in place bind. Our bodies are made to handle these things.
The resulting endocannabinoids that are released by the human body do a range of positive effects, including the regulation of cell growth. The fact that we have receptors for the chemical suggests that we evolved to eat the plant and the positive impact of chemicals in our system involves more that.One of the most popular ways to consume the plant is smoking, but excess chemicals from the fire may cause unnecessary damage. Rick Simpson, a pioneer in the field of medicinal cannabis, has mastered the art of oil production of cannabis and released their art with the world for free.
You can support Rick in his website ; Here is a condensed version of the manufacturing process hemp oil.
Start with an ounce of dried herb . One ounce normally produce 3.4 grams of oil, although the amount of oil produced per ounce vary strain to strain. A pound of dry material will produce approximately two ounces of high quality oil.
IMPORTANT: These instructions are summarized directly from the website of Rick Simpson. Be very careful when boiling off the solvent vapors are extremely flammable. Avoid smoking, sparks stove-tops and red elements hot water heating. Establish a fan to blow fumes away from the pot and set in a well ventilated area throughout the process.
We suggest finding an expert to guide you through the process, as this article is intended for informational purposes only and is not a guide.
1. Place the completely dry material in a plastic bucket.
2. Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. You can use pure naphtha, ether, butane, or 99% isopropyl alcohol. Two liters of solvent is required to extract the THC from a pound, and 500 ml is enough for an ounce.
3. Grind the plant material with a stick clean wood, untreated or any other similar device. Although the material is wet, it will still be relatively easy to crush because it is so dry.
4. Continue to crush the material with the stick while adding solvent until the plant material is completely covered and soaked. Stay stirring the mixture for about three minutes. By doing this, THC is dissolved out of the material in the solvent.
5. Pour mixture of petroleum solvent outside the plant material into another bucket. At this point it has been stripped of material about 80% of its THC.
6. Second washing :. Add fresh solvent to the mixture and work for another three minutes to remove the remaining THC
7. Pour this mixture solvent oil in the bucket containing the first mix that was previously shed.
8. Discard the plant material washed twice.
9. Pour the oil mixture solvent through a coffee filter into a clean container.
10. Boil off the solvent: a rice cooker boiling the solvent off well and will hold over a half gallon of solvent mixture. CAUTION:.
11. Add solvent for the rice cooker until it is ¾ full and turn on high heat. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent vapors or distance. You continue to add to the Cooker mixture is evaporated solvent until all have added to the pot.
12. As the level in the rice cooker decreases for the last time, add a few drops of water (about 10 drops of water for a pound of dry material). This will help release the solvent residue and protect the oil from excess heat.
13. When there is a mix inch solvent-water in the rice cooker, put on your oven mitts and pick up the unit and shake the contents until the solvent has finally boiling .
14. When the solvent has evaporated, turn the pot over low heat. At no time should never get oil over 290 degrees F or 140 degrees C.
15. Keep your oven mitts and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker. carefully pour the oil into a stainless steel container
16. Place the stainless steel container in a dehydrator, or put it in a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a couple of hours, but the water and volatile oil terpenes evaporate. When there is no surface activity in the oil, which is ready for use.
17. Aspirate the oil in a plastic syringe, or any other container seems. A syringe will make the oil easy dispensing. When the oil is cooled completely have the consistency of thick grease.