These Light Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. If You Have Them Do This Immediately

In order to save money and energy, many people replaced their old standard bulbs with new energy generation eco light bulbs – Friendly.

However, these energy efficient bulbs are extremely toxic. According to a study by researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Wilhelm Klauditz Federal Environment Agency of Germany, if the interior is broken, these bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable concentration of mercury in the air. Consequently, the Environmental Protection Agency US It has created an emergency protocol to be followed in the event of a rupture of the bulb due to poisonous gas that is released.

Moreover, these bulbs have a number of negative health effects, including:

  • Anxiety
  • fatigue
  • migraines
  • cluster headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Seizures
  • Inability to concentrate

Here are some more reasons to avoid these bulbs and return to incandescent bulbs:

light bulbs contain mercury

As he said earlier, these energy saving light bulbs contain mercury, a potent neurotoxin that is particularly dangerous for children and pregnant women. It is especially toxic to the brain, nervous system, liver and kidneys and can also damage the reproductive, cardiovascular and immune system. In addition, mercury can cause anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, tremors, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.

-saving light bulbs emit a large amount of UV rays

It is generally recognized that UV radiation is harmful to eyes and skin, as it can cause cancer skin. These energy saving lamps emit UV-B radiation and traces of UV-C radiation. This radiation directly attacks the immune system, and also damages the tissues of the skin enough to prevent proper formation of vitamin D-3.

saving bulbs energy can cause cancer

The study by Peter Braun at the Laboratory of Alab Berlin Germany found that these bulbs contain carcinogens toxic that could cause cancer such as:

  • naphthalene, a crystalline compound of volatile white, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as raw material for the manufacture of chemicals.
  • styrene, a saturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a byproduct oil.
  • phenol, a white crystalline solid slightly toxic acid, obtained from coal tar and used in the manufacture of chemicals.

Therefore, apart from saving energy and finance, these bulbs pose serious health risks. Therefore, it would be advisable to change back to regular incandescent bulbs, but be careful to do as well as if one happens to break, the dangers are so serious.

The Environmental Protection Agency has established a very detailed to deal with mercury and chemicals that cause cancer in these cases protocol, suggesting as follows:

In the case of a rupture of the bulb due to poisonous gas which is released, you must follow this emergency procedure:

Before Cleaning

  • people and animals Pets must leave the room.
  • Open a window or door to the outdoor environment to ventilate the room for 5-10 minutes
  • If you have a heating system forced air or central air conditioning, turn it off .
  • Gather the materials needed to clean up the broken bulb
  • damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes (hard surface)
  • A glass jar with a metal lid or a plastic bag with seal.
  • stiff paper or cardboard
  • tape

during cleaning

  • Do not vacuum as it could spread powder containing mercury or mercury vapor, unless broken glass remains after having taken all cleanup measures.
  • be thorough in collecting broken glass and visible dust, collect glass fragments and powder using stiff paper or cardboard.
  • pick up any small glass fragments and other powder with a tape, such as tape. Place the tape used in the glass jar or plastic bag.

Place cleanup materials in an airtight container.

after cleaning

After cleaning, avoid leaving fragments bulb or cleaning materials inside, and place promptly all, including bags vacuum cleaner, outdoors in a trash container or protected area until materials can be disposed area.

Also, check with your local government about disposal requirements in your area, and if there is no such requirement in your area, you can have the material with household waste. However, some localities require fluorescent bulbs (broken or unbroken) be taken to a local recycling center.

On the other hand, should continue to ventilate the room where the bulb was broken and leave the system conditioning heating / air interrupted for several hours afterwards.

Add a Comment

==[Click 2x to Close X]==
Most Popular Today!

Sorry. No data so far.