The vitamin D is fat soluble, and is an important part of many body functions. This helps strengthen the bones of calcium, and the immune system and the creation of cells is regulated. This vitamin is very important for cancer prevention.
When it comes to bone health and strong immune system, vitamin D is the most important nutrient.
If young children lack vitamin D in their formative years, can cause brittle bones, when bone tissue can`t mineralize and fortifying. This leads to brittle bones and skeletal deformities, increasing the risk of injury.
Recent research finds that vitamin D is crucial for the treatment and prevention of hypertension, both types of diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
Vitamin D is very important for overall health and can body functions, so we have to be aware of these 7 most common symptoms of deficiency:
- weakness and muscle pain: First, the pain is very light, but eventually becomes worse, turning severe. Metabolised vitamin D improves muscle contraction, which is very important for bone strength.
- strong immune system: Low levels of vitamin D that affect the immune system. Japanese study published in the “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” states that recorded cases of school children who received vitamin D supplements showed fewer cases of influenza A. In addition, people suffering from certain autoimmune diseases are testes low in vitamin D .
- Hypertension Caused by low levels of vitamin D. the peptides created by increased blood pressure in the body due to water retention and restriction arterial. Vitamin D helps with this problem and lowers blood pressure levels.
- constant depression or sadness: low levels of vitamin D can also cause depression or sadness. A specific study states that volunteers who received D3 supplements showed positive effects on physical and cognitive functions and reduce symptoms of sleep disorders, lethargy or food cravings.
- Excessive sweating: people with low levels of vitamin D sweat more, although experts didn`t find the exact reasons why. Still, there is some relationship between vitamin D deficiency and extreme sweating.
- Heart problems: low levels of vitamin D are also connected with certain cardiovascular problems. Deficiency of this vitamin can lead to the accumulation of calcium in the arteries, a plaque that blocks blood flow and increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. Vitamin D deficiency may also be related to obesity, high cholesterol, hypertension or type II diabetes.
- gastrointestinal problems: some problem with the gastrointestinal system can affect the absorption of vitamin D, such as celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease or illness Crohn`s. People with excess body fat are prone to lack of vitamin D because vitamin fat dilutes and reduces its effects.
The sources of vitamin D:
- Regular exposure to sunlight
- orange juice fortified with vitamin D
- vegetable milk fortified with vitamin D