I hope Dad has been good for you, and you are not too tired and stressed.
happens every year at this time … right after the holidays, I get quite a few patients that come to the health center have gotten sick.
Stress can cause a disease that could have fought with very few symptoms much worse.
I read a study by Carnegie Mellon University this. They put the subjects through a stress test, and then infected with influenza. They found those with the most stress actually worsened, and had more severe symptoms. 1
With only strengthen the immune system, you can protect yourself. And, of course, are the usual immune boosters, such as vitamin C or echinacea …
But there is another nutrient that can help your immune system that may not realize is a powerful reinforcement immunity.
who knew my health club for years, would have been many jars of herbs and plant extracts and mixtures in jars lining the shelves. Many of the plants he had discovered, researched and used in my practice simply were not available as some are now. So I would compose for my patients myself.
One was talus . It is one of my favorite herbs antiviral and immunomodulatory.
Astragalus is a unique herb as it helps address this double threat. A series of clinical studies give us evidence that has the power to regulate the immune response 2 3 But also fights fatigue and helps adapt to stress -. Whether physical, mental or emotional.
works helping your body using oxygen more effectively, which can be a cause of many modern diseases manner. 4
Astragalus root contains astragalosides that strengthen the body’s defenses and activate the “killer” cells of the immune system. The more we study astragalosides, more hidden benefits we discovered.
- Researchers in China found that astragaloside IV can prevent the virus from spreading. 5
- In another study, it was found to promote wound healing and strength of the skin. 6
- may also prevent tumor cells from reproducing. 7
And, after years of searching, a group of researchers isolated a molecule of a rare form of the astragalus plant that only grows in the temperate climate of northern China.
Through a single process, we have been able to separate this single molecule of between 2,000 other plant compounds. They are then extracted and purified.
The result is a nutritional supplement that is clinically proven to activate telomerase. This lengthens their telomeres, the tiny protective at the ends of their DNA, and keeps her young immune system.
The experts evaluated the effect of this molecule in the immune system during a study that lasted more than a year. For most people, therapy telomerase activation reduced the percentage of immune cells with short telomeres up to 50 percent! And the amount of immune cells acting years dropped by 10 to 20 percent.
The authors were surprised and wrote that it represented a “reversal of the apparent age of 5-20 years” for immune cells. 8
So before all the stress of the holidays it catches up with you, astragalus provides the assistance you need to overcome that feeling of decadence.
recommend two or three tablespoons of I astragalus root powder daily (about 30-45 grams).
Generally, you can find already dried and ground in many natural food stores. You can also add the powder to various foods and ready meals. It has a pleasant, slightly sweet taste.
may also be able to find the all astragalus root. can be added to any dish simmer for 30 minutes or longer, such as soups or stews. Before you are ready to eat, just remove the root.
can also cook astragalus root several times because of its unusual density. After this, it softens, and it would usually eaten with rice.
I like to drink I astragalus tea . It’s very easy to do. For my special blend, you need:
- A piece of ginger about an inch long
- Four tablespoons of lemon juice
- Four tablespoons of honey
- Two or three slices of astragalus root
to make the tea, the first boil one liter of water. Scrape ginger and astragalus root in a bowl, then add the other components. Pour the boiling water over it and the container lid. Let stand for about 20 to 25 minutes and strain the mixture of one cup at a time.
You can also take I astragalus as a supplement, and I will tell you more about that next week …
Meanwhile, I hope this helps relieve stress, and Merry Christmas from me, Barbara, and all my staff!
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD
1. Cohen S., et al, “The psychological stress, cytokine production, and the severity of upper respiratory disease. “ Psychosom Md . 1999; 175-80
2. BM Shao, Xu W, Dai H, et al, “A study on immunity receptors for polysaccharides from the roots of Astragalus membranaceus, a Chinese medicinal herb,” Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004; 320 (4): 1103-1111
3. Clement-Kruzel S, et al, “The immune modulation of pro-inflammatory response of macrophages by goldenseal and Astragalus extracts,” J Med Food. 2008 Sep; 11 (3) :. 493-8
4. KT Chen, Su CH, Hsin LH, et al, “Reducing fatigue of athletes following oral administration of Huangqi Jianzhong Tang,” Acta Pharmacol Sin 2002; 23 (8): 757-761 ..
5. Shang L, et al, “ astragaloside IV inhibits adenovirus replication in A549 and apoptosis in vitro cells,” J Pharm Pharmacol. 2011 May; 63 (5) :. 688-94
6. Chen X, et al, “The healing and anti-scarring effects of astragaloside IV in the repair of in vitro and in vivo , wounds” J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Feb. 15; 139 (3): 721-7
7. RN Wong, et al, “ Protein characterization antiviral protein-ribosome inactivating L Mirabilis jalapa Mirabilis .” Biochem Int 1992 Dec.; 28 (4) :. 585-93
8. Arley, C., Weimin, L., et al, “A natural product telomerase activator as part of a program of health maintenance,” Rejuvenation Research 2010