couples, especially newlyweds often face obstacles in their marriages. We have compiled a list of the 50 best pieces of marriage advice from various sources to help keep her healthy and happy marriage.
1. For a marriage that goes the distance, take responsibility for their actions – good and bad have to understand what you are bringing to the table. You can not expect your spouse’s actions are the only ones that shape the relationship. When I step and owns its part, a deeper connection between you and your spouse will grow. Take responsibility for your part.
2. Make contact of a link more narrow research has shown that playing constantly maintains a strong bond. Hug, kiss, hug, shake hands, and found no excuse to touch your spouse even for a few seconds to keep the oxytocin flowing.
3. Learn to accept differences no one agrees on everything 100% of the time. Learning to disagree when neither is willing to give.
4. Love Do not Cost a Thing You do not have to spend a lot of money to show your spouse appreciation. he or she will write a sweet note, surprise you with lunch at work, rubbing the back after a bad day, small gestures often come with a price tag very small and make a big difference.
5. Guys, listen to his wife Sometimes you just need a place to express themselves and a shoulder to mourn. There is a tendency to want to fix everything, but just listening is often enough.
6. If someone has to change, look at yourself first Nobody likes a nag or be forced to change something. The only message is getting through your spouse really dislike for what they are and that is creating a gap between the two. If you feel that something has to change, they worry about their contribution and change that.
7. Address and treat problems in their marriage Every problem in a marriage – quiet sex life, lack of communication, complacency – are often symptoms such as cough or headache which they should be treated by any means necessary. Attempt any solution available, no matter how silly it seems, to eradicate these problems and get your marriage back on track.
Further information: most common marital problems and solutions
8. Learn to argue, and keep it above the belt We have a tendency to go on the defensive in an argument pointing the finger, shaming our spouse, or steamrolling what they are saying in order to get our point across. Be open and make the focus of the problem that by using “I” statements like, “I feel” or “I need” instead of putting the spouse on the defensive.
9. Both sides are valid Both have valid points to make and both sets of feelings count. Recognize that two people are involved in an argument accepts its share of responsibility.
10. The equity is real There is a workload that is dedicated to raising, running a household, and maintain a healthy marriage. Both sides pull their weight and take on the division of labor when it comes to chores, children, financial planning, and express their needs to others. Being right is equal.
11. Their relationship should always be the top priority The problem comes knocking when other obligations (work, children, personal goals) usurp the care you need your relationship. A strong marriage like a rock is built on two people in it, make time for and support each other. Everything else will collapse if a couple is not strong.
12. It is the behavior rubbing your spouse? The golden rule is always at stake in a marriage. If you treat your spouse with kindness, love and respect that is what will come back to you. If you are angry, impatient, and judgment it is likely to receive those feelings with the same currency as well.
See also: Best tips to fix a relationship
13. The word “you” is an accusation; do not ever use keep attention on himself to avoid putting your spouse on the defensive. Use “I” to express his feelings as “I feel upset because …” or “I’m crying because …” The minute “You did something” out, not solve anything or achieved.
14. Focus on learning and appreciation of others
15. Do not blame or criticize Focusing on the positive qualities your spouse instead.
16. Continue to date each other With life going on around us, it is easy to forget that your relationship needs some regular attention. Out schedule regular date nights away from home, children, and cell phone and simply return to their place.
17. The process of registration in the state of their relationship and appreciate each other take ten or fifteen minutes at regular intervals to check on the one the other. Speaking only of your relationship (no children, work, invoices, etc.) and what is seen.
18. Taking care of yourself Many marriages break up because one or both people in the couple forget that they are a separate being. Keeping up with hobbies, hanging out with friends, working on some personal goals, and keep a part of yourself just for you and to keep your healthy marriage.
19.Use your spouse as a mirror If you are upset with them for something to reflect back on yourself to figure out what to do to grow.
20. A couple that plays together, stays together Have a good time! Life becomes so serious it is sometimes easy to forget to play. Go for a walk, tell bad jokes, take up the activity of the couple like dancing, and enjoy each other.
21.Hang guilt until you get the perspective of your spouse we all have homework to do at home and sometimes just slip our minds. Instead of blaming “You did not do what it was supposed to” ask them what happened instead.
22. Enter the three happiest moments in their marriage and return to them often as a reminder of why you married your spouse in the first place.
23. Learn the following statements and often use “I love you”, “I’m here for you”, “understand”, “Sorry”, “Thank you”, “I’m proud of you “,” you have done a great job “and” I really appreciate all you do “
24. Five times a day, find ways tell your spouse you appreciate This may be a note, a gesture, or just high voice them. If it does, it carries more weight than you can imagine.
25. Avoid becoming companions to keep the fire alive There spending time together and then there is the idea of ”sacred time”. This is one-on-one time to share new experiences and be intimate with each other.
26. Praise your partner!
Recommended reading: key secrets to a happy family life
27. Find mutual goals sit down and talk about what you want as a couple and where they see themselves in the future. A clear picture both put you on the way to a happy relationship.
28. They control their negative impulses always support the well-being of your spouse and he or she is treated with respect. Avoid blame and he or she tear.
29. Maintain updated regularly night This means that the same day each week.
30. The communication and time together go together
31. Respect This falls under the umbrella of “If you can not say something nice, say nothing at all. ” The words hurt. Avoid insults and abuse.
32. Find 10 minutes a day to talk There is always something new to learn about our partners. Ask him or her to name the five greatest guitarists of all time, ask about a childhood memory, or make that describe your perfect meal. Make a game of it while waiting for your meal at a restaurant or in the car; anywhere you can find additional 10 minutes.
See also: Text opinion Couple Back
33. Control and connection are mutually exclusive can not have both.
34. Keep behave as if both still dating Marriage can cause complacency. Keep life interesting and continue to attract a mate.
35. Maintain a balance A healthy marriage maintains a mixture of par, and personal and family time in tune. Find the balance that works best for your life.
36. Connect to heal the brain Facing each other, spend a few minutes looking into the eyes of others. This makes the limbic system to relax and creates a deeper connection and intimacy.
37. At the end of the day, just keep each other After a tiring day at work you see your spouse for the first time all day. Take a minute to embrace; this stimulates the brain’s pleasure zone and comforts the mind.
38. Use a preface to the important discussions to ensure that your spouse pays attention Open with something soft like, “I do not think I understood your answer to my plans. When it is a good time to discuss further? “This encourages a more positive response and open dialogue.
39. Damas, on dates to remember: you are a first wife Husbands who plan a date wants to know that you are having a good time. By complaining about the food, the film, a line, weather, nothing really makes them feel as if I’ve disappointed you somehow. Keep your positive comments.
Further information: secrets to being a good wife and mother at work
40. Turn to your spouse When life gets tough they tend to retreat into the interior as a means of protection. Do not exclude your spouse if you are targeting this can cause an emotional distance and lack of confidence. No matter how uncomfortable, it is better to support each other.
41. Acceptance You married this person for a reason. Accept them for what they are and not try to change them.
42. If something is bothering your spouse, listen What I really mean is active listening. Repeat the complaint again to make sure you understand and take criticism as an opportunity to grow.
43. To understand and support each other
44. Feel the thrill is gone? Write down 10 things you liked about your spouse when he first came together and 10 things they did together when the relationship was new. Having a weekly date night check those things to chase boredom.
45. It allows you to have a bad mood are not allowed to carry it out on your spouse.
46. Confidence is the key Trust has to be conditional not absolute. Trust your husband can make good decisions and consult on major.
47. The distance does great things seem trivial An argument may seem like the most important thing on the planet or a problem arises that feels insurmountable. Over time the reactions and the critical nature of the event will be so small. Do not let a fight ruin your relationship.
48th woman must have her husband to give her full attention with eye contact it becomes easier for a woman to use those feelings of love, more responsive to the needs of her husband, with a little eye contact and intimacy. Eye contact also means that the other person is really listening to what is said. This builds confidence.
49. Use words as Fulfilled characters and create positive experiences together The use of words to supplement as patient, kind, helpful, etc. , carry more weight than a description of their appearance. Out of their way to learn the language of love for your spouse and get on with being reflective to keep her happy and healthy marriage
50. gossip Sitting with friends They are having a moan about what your spouse did or did not sound like a good idea on paper. You have the opportunity to vent some steam with people you trust. The problem is when their little grievances (not wash the car, leaving drinking glasses around the house, forget to put gas in the car) that tend to magnify with like-minded people. The only person to air their grievances about your spouse to be your spouse.
About the author
Sylvia Smith is a relationship expert with years of experience in training and help couples in therapy. Its mission is to provide inspiration, support and empowerment to everyone on your journey to a great marriage. He is currently associated with Marriage.com, reliable resource to help millions of couples resolve their marital problems. He holds a Master of Arts (Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in marriage and family therapy).