Do you or your loved one often wait outside the doctor's chamber for a sick body?
The old proverb "prevention is better than cure" is based on the cold and hard truth. Frequently, suffering from any type of disease is a clear indication of the fact that you have a weak immune system and should not take it lightly. Medications have side effects, so consuming them frequently can also negatively affect your health and decrease life expectancy. The following home remedies, if followed diligently, can certainly help you strengthen your immune system and prevent several common diseases:
1. Eat well: a balanced diet can provide your body with the necessary nutrients and help prevent many diseases.
2. Get enough rest: sleeping for 7-8 hours regularly increases your immunity and prevents infections. Research suggests that if you skip even a good night's sleep, your body is more susceptible to ailments.
3. Moderate exercise can be a blessing: rigorous exercise can weaken the immune system by decreasing the number of fighting cells or white blood cells. On the contrary, walking briskly for at least 20 minutes on a regular basis can avoid a number of ailments.
4. Exposure to sunlight: this natural source of vitamin D is one of the best ways to prevent disease.
5. Take fresh air: like sunlight, fresh air increases our immunity and oxygen heals our body.
6. Say no to tobacco and alcohol: alcoholism leads to a weak immune system and smoking causes respiratory problems. Refrain from them to stay fit and healthy.
7. Get some probiotics: fermented products such as milk, tempeh, kefir, kimchi, pickles, etc. They are excellent sources of beneficial bacteria that stimulate the immune system.
8. Garlic: raw garlic has broad antimicrobial properties and prevents the body from presenting a series of persistent ailments such as coughs and seasonal colds, sore throat, bronchitis, etc.
9. Take more vitamin C: It is a known fact that vitamin C prevents our body from suffering frequent ailments. Therefore, have more citrus fruits such as lime, lemons, etc. to keep fit for longer.
10. Reduce your sugar intake: this "white poison" must be completely abandoned to stay immune to frequent infections. Research suggests that stopping sugar intake completely during infection helps you recover faster.
11. Pomegranate: this deposit of antioxidants is one of the potent stimulators of immunity that prevent various ailments.
12. Reduce caffeine intake: you may be a coffee lover, but the bad news is that caffeine will stress you more by increasing the adrenaline hormone in your blood and giving you sleepless nights. Therefore, making your body more prone to infections
13. Stay hydrated: 70% of our body is full of water, so drinking enough water is mandatory. Coconut water is also the best way to increase your immunity, as it contains several essential minerals.
14. Drink green tea: this deposit of antioxidants and polyphenols is the easiest way to protect your body from disease attacks.
15. Honey: this is one of nature's best gifts for humanity and, regardless of age, honey can strengthen your weakened immune system, all thanks to the antioxidants and antimicrobial properties it has.
Therefore, following these simple steps can surely reduce your regular visits to the doctor's chamber.
DISCLAIMER: This article is produced exclusively for The Times of India Healthy India, an initiative of Fit India by our partner, Healthian, to spread the importance of preventive medical care.