It is not easy to get rid of stretch marks and, instead of using chemicals and medications to remove them, try using some old home remedies to lighten and eliminate stretch marks.
When your skin changes due to weight loss or weight gain or pregnancy or puberty, stretch marks occur. Stretch marks are a very common skin problem that most women face in their lives. These marks appear as parallel lines on your skin and are very stubborn. It is almost impossible to get rid of stretch marks completely. They often tend to look ugly and impact a person's self-confidence. Just looking at these stretch marks can make us hate them and most people tend to hide their bodies and stretch marks with their clothes, but what if someone tells you that you can lighten stretch marks and make them almost invisible? There are some home remedies that can prevent and reduce stretch marks and make them disappear as if by magic. Now you can wear a short dress and you won't have to hide those stretch marks on your thighs!
Here are some home remedies that can help treat stretch marks.
1. Lemon has natural bleaching properties and it is known that baking soda is an exfoliator. You can take a tablespoon of baking soda and half a lemon. Squeeze some lemon juice and mix it with baking soda. Apply it on your stretch marks and gently massage for up to 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse.
2. Potatoes are rich in starch and enzymes that are known to work wonders with the skin. It also contains a bleaching agent and helps clear the skin and treats scars. Take a potato and cut it into pieces and grind it. Use this paste on your scars. Apply a thin layer and let it dry up to 30 minutes before washing.
3. It is known that aloe vera gel works wonders on your skin and when mixed with vitamin A, it works even better. Take some fresh aloe vera gel and mix it with some vitamin A oil. You can easily get some vitamin A capsules at any local pharmacy and use their oil to mix them with aloe vera gel. Apply this mixture on your marks and gently massage for 5 minutes. Then let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it with a little warm water.
4. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that is known to treat skin problems and heal the skin. Massage some castor oil in your stretch marks twice a day every day to get the best results.
5. Vitamin E has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and helps heal the skin and prevents skin aging. Take some vitamin E capsules and get the oil. Apply it to your stretch marks at least once a day for best results.
6. Turmeric was used for numerous home remedies and for medical treatment in ancient times. It has healing properties and works as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial. It is known to heal the skin and lighten it too. Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder with a little fresh cream and make a smooth paste. Apply it on stretch marks and let it dry for 20 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.