If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, conventional medicine treats you as if you have an incurable disease. It’s like they’re saying, “Now you are a diabetic … that’s what you are … and that’s what always will be.”
This approach is dead wrong.
How diabetes develops?
adult onset diabetes is not something wrong with you. Not that you were born condemned to develop. It develops due to lifestyle choices and environmental factors. And it can be reversed.
And here is something you probably do not know: the attitude of conventional medicine that diabetes is not curable actually doing their health worse. Because it leaves a feeling of hope and that causes stress.
What causes diabetes?
Stress leads to inflammation. And inflammation leads to chronic diseases -. Because diabetes
Not only stress cause glucose levels to rise, a recent study has found a different biological pathway between stress and diabetes. 1 And it all starts in the part of the brain that regulates inhibition or control of attention.
The researchers found that people who have poor control of care also have increased anxiety. And when their anxiety increases, your body produces pro-inflammatory cytokines . One is called interleukin-6 (IL-6).
Diabetes and stress
IL-6 is a biomarker of acute and chronic stress. It has also been associated with higher blood glucose levels and diabetes.
reading through the study encourages me that their authors suggested both care and therapy cognitive behavioral therapy to treat stress of patients. I said to myself: “That’s a good start … maybe they’re finally getting that”
However, the next line read: “That does not mean that drugs that promote inhibition, as stimulants, should not be considered … “
is big Pharma to the rescue! Of course!
Stimulant medications are prescribed what children – and sometimes adults – with ADHD. Adderall Ritalin Concerta Vyvanse … … … …
Stimulant Drug Side Effects
Not only can have serious side effects, are highly addictive. Some side effects include:
- Increased heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature
- erratic behavior and / or violent
they are also completely unnecessary. In my clinic, I address the stress and anxiety head on. But I do it in a safe and natural way.
How therapy helps relieve anxiety work?
I agree that therapy mindfulness is a great option. It is a form of meditation . The practice is so useful to crush the anxiety that even the Marines and US special forces use it!
One study looked at 30 Marines about to be sent to Iraq. The Marines were divided into two groups. A group practice mindfulness meditation. The other group did nothing. The group meditated scored much better on tests that assessed their levels of stress and anxiety.
Meditate and Breathe
You can do this at home. Just sit in a comfortable and quiet with closed eyes for 10-15 minutes every day instead. Keep your back straight, chin inward, and focus on your breathing.
natural remedies for anxiety Bali
Nature is also full of remedies anxiety-busting. I learned about some great new during my trips to Bali.
wrote me about them in my new book, healing herbs Paradise . But I want to share some with you at this time.
- Butterfly pea. This beautiful plant has many healing properties. Studies show that it reduces anxiety and depression. One of these studies revealed that it is “adaptogenic” at higher doses. This means you can help your body adapt to stress .
You can order dried flowers Butterfly pea online. I would add to my salad. It can also be ground into a powder and mix the powder into a smoothie.
- purple basil. Locals call it “tulsi.” The same applies to the healers in India. The Balinese swear it’s excellent to reduce anxiety and depression. And animal studies support this thesis. 2
A great way to get the calming effect of holy basil is done here how I do it “Tulsi Tea.”
- Put 3 teaspoons of leaves in a quart of hot water. fresh or dried leaves both jobs. You can get dry leaves in most health food stores or online.
- Let decoct for about 5 minutes.
- Strain into a cup or glass. You can drink hot, but I like on the ice.
- ylang-ylang. Aromatherapy can help ease anxiety. People in Bali use essential oil of ylang-ylang to calm nervousness, anxiety and stress. I’ve tried it myself, and I was definitely more relaxed after inhaling the beautiful fragrance.
You can buy essential oil of ylang-ylang online or Asian specialty store. Make sure it is oil grade 100% pure, therapeutic.
Try mixing a few drops in a teaspoon of honey and add it to your bath water. Then breathe the pleasant aroma as you soak in hot water.
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. M. Williams “Arroz details study of stress-diabetes link “Rice University (news.rice.edu). June 6, 2016
2. Cohen, Marc Maurice. “Tulsi – Ocimum sanctum: A herb for all the reasons,” Ayurveda Integr Med J . 2014 Oct-Dec; 5 (4) :. 251-259