Rhubarb is a perennial garden plant, confidence really hope that every May. Bright green and red stems bring so much joy to my girls, because who are the first thing out of the garden -. Y * Love * they So much so that they eat right garden – makes my lips pucker just thinking about it!
Strawberries and rhubarb are a match made in heaven. we will not be able to pick strawberries for a few weeks, but every year I keep a couple of cups of our freezer hiding from the previous year just to make these creamsicles during the first long weekend of the season – strawberries picked at the height of the season are so sweet and can not improve the taste of strawberry [!
My strawberry short rhubarb relationship of the tart rhubarb, but there are still some of them which is perfect when it swirls in fluffy fresh whipped cream – [19459008ahoraelsuyo] every bite has the perfect amount of sweet and sour and 3 of my daughters this weekend inhaled!
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
My last acquisition this year has been this popsicle molds 10 ! I’m in heaven! With 3 kids now eating popsicles every time I do, it is very nice to do a load of them at once! still have our mold popstar which is wonderful, and I still do child pops with these molds more small that are really nice for my smallest hold! Happy
summer to you!
Print rhubarb creamsicles strawberry author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished. com Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups rhubarb, chopped in large
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen, without cutting)
- 3TB water
- Optional 2-3 TB raw honey for rhubarb / strawberry mixture, if you do not like a real bite of cake (usually not add to but if your children may be sensitive to the cake go for it!)
- ½ cup (preferably raw, and preferably not ultra pasteurized)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the rhubarb, strawberries, and water in a small saucepan and bring heat to medium / high. Use a potato masher to crush the strawberries and their juices out. Keep the mixture over low heat until softened rhubarb -. There should be no more than 5 minutes
- mixture of cooked rhubarb in a blender and puree is poured strawberry – taste test and if so tart that TB can add a couple of raw honey. Transfer the puree to the freezer to cool for half an hour fast.
- Once the strawberry rhubarb mixture is cooled, whip the cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes to make whipped cream.
- Fold whipped cream mix gently strawberry rhubarb, and poured into molds to freeze pallet. I like to use a spoon for mixing paddle into the molds, as it is on the thicker side mousse.
- This recipe makes about 10 pallets for my -pop mold 10
More real food recipes that you might like:
5 Nourishing summer pallets