who are big breakfast people. Usually, our most important meal of the day, and then reduce the size of the portions of the day. And especially on weekends when my husband is actually home to have breakfast with us, Saturdays and Sundays breakfast is a big deal around here!
This is one of my ideas Sunday breakfast, but it’s so quick to put together what really makes for a great day in the breakfast go too. You can even make the batter the night before so you only can make them pop into the oven while you get the kids ready for school.
We have a wonderful source, local sausage and bacon grazing, so use that in these often. Ask around in their farmers’ markets from a source that feeds his pigs, supplements and non-GM soy feed not, and do not treat with antibiotics, hormones, etc. The nutritional content of pork that has been pastured is superior conventional. If you do not have a source near you, simply load these muffins with vegetables you want! I do often when the pork is not in our budget.
happy you lunch!
Print spinach and egg, sausage muffins :: gluten, no milk, no free nuts Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- ¼ – ½ lb pastured breakfast sausage land (Depending on the amount of sausages you want in the rolls that I make my own. sausage mixture and add to ground pork format.)
- 4 eggs pastured
- integer of 1 ½ TB milk or coconut milk if you are free of dairy
- 1 TB of organic olive oil
- ¼ free aluminum baking teaspoon of powder
- ½ sea salt teaspoon
- Pepper to taste
- About a handful of spinach
- grated raw cheese of choice to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a little butter or coconut oil.
- Beat eggs, milk, olive oil, baking powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- into a well greased (with butter or coconut oil) muffin tin 6, divide the sausage and spinach in each cup.
- egg mixture over the spinach and sausage is poured.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- make all the dough until last night. even get them in the muffin tin. Just cover it and store in the refrigerator overnight and you can bake them off in the morning. Most of the time, at least, brown the sausage last night. The batter meets in less time it takes to preheat the oven so they tend to make just get up in the morning!
- double or triple for a brunch crowd!
- Change up the vegetables to what is in season! in the summer zucchini, green in winter, asparagus tops in the spring!
- Do not forget the kiddos! This is really a great breakfast on the go to school!
So tell me what you like plan on their lunch menu weekend! And keep me informed if you try the egg rolls!
The spinach and egg, sausage muffins :: gluten, no milk, no free nuts first appeared in Increased Fueled Generation .