and so is grassfed meat is marinated in a local black beer for a day
Irish cuisine for me it is all about simple nutritional ingredients, which are very frugal. Cabbage and potatoes are always cost effective ingredients menu, but reason at this time of year can be found in cabbage $ 0.35 per pound or less.
I do not mind splurging on a good sector roast grassfed cubed for this dish when I’m paying pennies for the other ingredients! If the budget is super hard to ask the farmer or butcher meat beef stew. It is much less expensive because it is a tougher cut of meat, but after the marinade, and spend all day in the slow cooker is as tender as can be.
I love a rich, almost salsa like feel to my cooking, and this is no different. is a great way to end the winter and celebrate spring to come! Make sure these really bake until fast small cookies Irish soda bread to dunk in the stew!
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print slow cooker stew Irish Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished .com ingredients
- 2 pounds of roast beef grassfed or stew beef meat
- 3ish glasses of local beer stout or dark beer of their choice
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 medium carrots, chopped
- ½ medium head cabbage, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 small potatoes yellow, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of beer reserved marinade from above
- 2-3 cups ox bones broth ( broth chicken bone also work)
- sea salt / pepper to taste
[19459041A] 2 – 15 oz cans diced tomatoes in organic cubes
- the day before you want to make the dish, combine the meat into cubes, beer, and the crushed garlic in a gallon freezer bag, close the airtight container and refrigerate 12-24 hours for marinating the meat.
- the next day, mixing tapioca flour, sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Strain meat from marinade – .. But do not throw out the beer / Marinade
- Shield meat arrowroot mixture and sear in a very hot pan coated with butter, tallow or coconut oil. Only brown on the sides -. Not have to be cooked all the way through
- Once the meat is hot, add it to your great slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients .
- stir to mix and simmer for 8 hours.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, packed in thermos school lunch or crockpot travel for work, and / or frozen for dinner again!
Let me know if you give it a try! The Happy St. Patrick’s Day!