What is a mold disease and how to know if you have it
molds sometimes can not smell or see, but can still grow inside your home. They can make you feel sick. The mold can affect your health and is very dangerous. How can you know that?
Conventional medicine does not take into account exposure to mold as a potential problem for your doctor probably is not going to help much in shaping the disease. It is very hard to give someone a diagnosis mold poisoning, as it can resemble other conditions, and its symptoms are not specific.
symptoms of the disease mold
- weakness, fatigue and malaise after exercise
- Memory problems, mental confusion, problems with focus and executive function
- painwithout Joint inflammatory arthritis, aches, cramps and muscle aches, persistent nerve pain “icepick”
- Numbnessand tingling
- red eyes, and / orblurred vision, sensitivity to light
- sinus problems, coughing, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, asthma-like symptoms
- nausea, abdominal pain, changes in appetite, diarrhea
- persistent nerve pain
- metallic taste
- Night sweatsor other related problems temperature regulation
- gainregardless weight enough effort (resistance to weight loss)
- excessive thirst
- static “shock”
- Increase urine
Now you can see how the toxicity of mold can be easily mistaken for some other condition. However, thirty years of solid scientific evidence showing serious health problem that can cause mold.
The low-down on Mold
The molds are several types of fungi that grow on the filaments and form tiny spores in reproduction, sprouting and fly away, of course it is invisible to the eye. It appears in warm, moist and humid outside and inside places.
Nevada or Arizona and other dry places may have a problem with mold because there are poorly ventilated bathrooms, flooding or water leaks.
may appear in the corner near the shower or shower head in the bathroom, if you do not have proper ventilation in your home, it can also attach to your pet, books, shoes , clothing, carpets, and paper. You can also circulate in your air system, especially where the filters are changed very rarely. (It is recommended to change HVAC filters every 1 to 3 months).
A complex mixture of dust and pollutants in the air, resulting in a stew of toxic chemicals can be caused by water-damaged buildings in general.
Mycotoxins or toxic chemicals are produced by mold. However, there is one toxin that can be all causes of disease mold. Instead, try to think that the building affected by water or the area is the main cause. New research related to breast as a typical source of ongoing mold disease.
There are very good chances of being exposed to water damage because half of the buildings in the US They are damaged by water and have mold and most of us are spending our time indoors.
Why some people are susceptible?
24% of people are genetically vulnerable to poisoning mold according to Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker. People with mold susceptibility genes are more likely to have an adverse reaction to mold, upon exposure to sufficient quantities.
95% of mold poisoning appears in this subgroup, and 2% are particularly susceptible to the “sicker faster” variation genes. The chances of that are not susceptible are lower, but not zero.
People who are genetically susceptible to mold, can not recognize specific toxins such as toxins, such as mold. The result is persistent inflammatory response triggered by toxins / mold. Many people are not aware that they have a genetic susceptibility mold.
According to experts, should meet the following criteria to be diagnosed with CIRS:
- History, symptoms and signs consistent with exposure to biotoxins. The story should contain toxin producing molds exposure as evidenced by the relative environmental test approved by the EPA Moldiness Index (ERMI). In different cases such as ciguatera, microcystin, etc. history must contain laboratory evidence of exposure or likely exposure.
- A genetic predisposition to a related biotoxins, based on an identification of HLA haplotypes susceptible disease.
- anomalies documented tests of visual contrast sensitivity (VCS).
- Biomarkers consistent with the endocrine system, vascular and neuroimmune abnormalities that characterize chronic inflammatory response syndrome. Those with a history consistent with an abnormal test VCS, a susceptible genotype, and exposure to biotoxins, are more likely to show laboratory abnormalities observed in chronic inflammatory response syndrome. They are still investigating other criteria.
If you suspect a mold problem you should follow the following steps:
Step :. you should start to learn more about mold, and you should try to read the book by Dr. Shoemaker
Second step: must prove the presence of mold in your home. You can use the big test ERMI and call a professional environment to make a visual inspection of your home and few rooms of the sample.
Third step: Find a clinician trained in the Protocol to Dr. Shoemaker may consider genetic susceptibility test mold made by LabCorp, the panel # 167120.