A handful of almonds makes a great addition as lunch box, or a snack on the way to sustain the children until lunchtime!
When I read makes nourishing traditions, I learned raw nuts raw may be in digestion, and how submerging not only makes it easier in your gut them, but also nutrients in the nut easier available to absorb. I was on a healing journey with my digestion, so he would do anything to make things easier on my body.
nuts are full of great vitamins especially vitamin B (which we can all use a boost!), And if you do not have allergies to nuts, which are a good source of protein changes add in your week.
As a result, soaking and dehydration of nuts was not difficult at all, and have gotten into the habit of drying of the beans once a month for my family. My husband takes a jar of working with him, and I keep a jar at home for lunch ins or fast through the night snacks for mom nursing I also like grind to add to granola cereal or crackers for breakfast.
not be intimidated if you do not have a dehydrator! I only recently have one for my birthday last year! I have been drying the nuts in the oven for years. You end up going a little higher in the heat than the recommended amount of 150 degrees, but better than nothing. And until you save for a dehydrator definitely works! (And by the way, if not in the budget for one of more expensive dehydrators, half of the vials like mine works great!)
Print salty crunchy almonds Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- raw almonds 3 pounds (about 15 cups)
- 3 TB sea salt (a little more to sprinkle to taste)
- filtered water
- Put almonds and sea salt in a medium bowl and cover by about 3 inches with filtered water.
- Leave the container in a warm place in your kitchen (in the winter I put it under the light in my oven) for about 8 hours.
- Colar nuts, put them back in the bowl, and add another couple of teaspoons of sea salt to season.
- dehydrate in your dehydrator at 105 degrees overnight (8-12 hours), or in the oven at the lowest position (the lower mine to 170) to dryness (must have a couple of hours – you can wave around a few times to encourage them along).
- change the nuts the method is the same for all nuts – I like to keep crisp Brazil nuts around also increases selenium
- My plan of action is typically to put nuts in drench around nap and then enter them in the dehydrator before going to bed that night. Before he had used them in a dehydrator wet out when I got up in the morning and then around the nap-ish would get in the oven to dry out for dinner.
- Sea salt is a great flavor and such Most of us can use the adrenal support and boost mineral sea salt! However, you can add other flavors! Often add a little heat with cayenne pepper my husband.
- here is the dehydrator I have – AMAN
- you put raw almonds in Costco or our local store in the bulk section.