Ok, so March! We did it! True?!
I mean spring – is almost here
Ok! or in Michigan who still have a good month until it feels like spring, and to be honest there are still a number of cold and flu bugs floating around preschool classrooms … so are still in my letter winter soup with bone broth homemade once a day to stay healthy. I have many soup recipes up his sleeve, and just had to share this at the launch of a new blog, since it is one of my favorites.
A few ingredients – so simple. But taste will blow you away. You do not need fancy condiments when you have beautiful vegetables that have been cooked in the right way! Give it a try! And keep thinking happy thoughts of spring! Print roasted garlic soup Author: Renee – www .raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 4-5 heads of garlic
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 ½ quarts of broth bone
- sea salt / pepper to taste
- cut the top of the garlic heads, smear butter or coconut oil generously over the cut end, sprinkle with sea salt and roast in a degree 325 oven open side down on a tray lined paper Silpat or parchment baking for one hour.
- while garlic is cooling, saute the onion, carrot and celery in a soup pot with a pinch of sea salt for about 10 minutes over medium / medium-high heat.
- Squeeze garlic out into the pot, add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a blender and season with salt / pepper to taste.
- Make your own bone broth ! It is too easy, much tastier, and so (so!), full of food!
- You will be surprised at how tasty this soup is with such simple ingredients – is not so overwhelming however, that children are not going to like serving my girls in a cup a. straw – less mess and actually usually end up asking seconds
- This batch makes enough for girls and for lunch and then usually one quarter to spare, either to have the next day, after week, or frozen for again. I’ve doubled the batch before and so it’s a good way to stock up your freezer for quick lunches out.
- a hot pack heat for school or work!
- If you do not have immersion blender … OH! Please enjoy one! I use mine almost daily – that’s my favorite kitchen tool