we did not take breakfast lightly at our house. While most people I know take a shake or a commuter mug of coffee on their way to the door, morning meals Monday through Friday at home Saul They consist sunny side eggs, sauteed spinach, and thick slices of toast with butter. Since he was a child means that we wake up early, we like to spend our mornings with breakfast outdoors together before going out to work and preschool. My husband, Mark, loves to cook breakfast for the three of us, and recently whipped up a recipe french toast that was so good I knew I had to share it here on LC.com. He did it on the fly based on the ingredients you happened to have on hand, but it’s as good as any dish I’ve seen in options or pages of Bon Appétit . The introduction of coconut Brioche French Toast …
The first time Mark made this recipe, which actually used the whole wheat bread. But fresh, delicious brioche makes this breakfast treat a little more forgiving, which is what should be French toast, after all! However, although it is a bit of luxury, but it is also made of ingredients clean, healthy like oil coconut and real maple syrup. Check out the full recipe below. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Brioche French Toast coconut
- 8 slices of brioche
- 4 eggs
- a splash of coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- real maple syrup, as desired
1. Break the eggs in a medium bowl with a mouth wide enough to dip a piece of bread. Add a splash of coconut milk and cinnamon. Beat the egg mixture well and set aside.
2. Pour the coconut flakes on a plate or tray and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Immerse your first slice of brioche in the egg mixture, coating well on both sides.
5. Then dip the eggy bread on the plate coconut flakes. Turn it over so that both sides of bread are coated with coconut flakes.
6. Transfer the slice of bread into the hot pan and cook for a minute or until golden brown. Turn over and repeat.
7. Transfer the loaf of bread to a plate and repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining slices, add more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
8. plate two slices of French toast per person, topping each portion with maple syrup and a handful of flaked coconut. Enjoy!
Are you going to try this tasty breakfast?
Let me know if you do!