That’s a bold statement because summer brings so much food!
coleslaw But this has been a labor of love to reach perfection – and I’m so excited to share it with you. Even if you’re not usually one to go for the coleslaw on a picnic, to be blown away in the taste of it.
This recipe makes enough for a small family reunion. If you are preparing for say, a big family reunion, simply fold. This is a great dish to make ahead of time for your meeting, as it keeps well in the refrigerator, and taste just gets better with time!
And even if you are doing it for your family dinner this week only, make up the whole lot! The flavors only improve with time, as they sit in the fridge and can be used all week as a lunch or dinner add on. even they have known me, * ahem * to make a big bowl of it all my lunch!
Print Series real picnic summer Food :: classic :: coleslaw grain free, egg free, nut free, dairy free Option Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 1 small head of cabbage slices
- 03.02 grated carrots
- 1 bunch of fine green onions, chopped [all
- 1 cup sour cream (if dairy free use coconut milk yogurt )
- 1 juice TB of one lemon (you could go if you like cake)
- 01.02 TB raw honey (local if possible!)
- 1TB garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ – ¼ cayenne pepper
- ½ – 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ¼ – pepper ½ teaspoon to taste
- Place the cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large bowl To mix.
- Beat the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.
- coleslaw Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Let us know if you try me my coleslaw favorite summer! What is your favorite summer dish?
The publication Real Food Summer Picnic Series :: Classic :: free grain salad cabbage, egg, nut, milk Free Choice first appeared in Increased Fueled Generation .