Inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes is known as bronchitis. The bronchial tubes carry air to and from the lungs and inflammation cause excessive mucus production leading to persistent cough. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by an infection of the respiratory tract or due to cold. Chronic bronchitis is caused by the constant irritation of the bronchial tubules mainly due to smoking. Acute bronchitis condition improves within a few days, but the cough may continue for weeks. Chronic bronchitis however requires medical attention. There are many effective home remedies for treatment of bronchitis and to relieve their symptoms.
Causes of bronchitis
There are two types of bronchitis, the causes are different.
• acute Bronchitis- is caused by a viral infection. The viruses that cause colds and flu can cause bronchitis. Irritation of the upper respiratory tract by dust and inhalation of smoke or gases can also cause acute bronchitis.
• Chronic Bronchitis- most important cause of this can last for months bronchitis is smoking. Exposure to some contaminants is another cause of chronic bronchitis.
People who are over 45 years old and who are constantly working in coal mines, welding, asbestos factories are at increased risk of developing bronchitis.
symptoms of bronchitis
the only symptoms of acute bronchitis are
• Problem starting with a dry cough
• the mucus or sputum is yellow or green
• wheezing after coughing
symptoms of unique chronic bronchitis are
• cough Regular with lots of thick mucus
• Difficulty breathing
• a cough that lasts three months
most people go for over the counter medications to control symptoms. There are many simple and effective home remedies that can provide excellent relief from bronchitis.
quick home remedies for bronchitis
One of the easiest home remedies you can try to treat bronchitis is the onion. Shallots or small onions will be offering a better remedy for bronchitis that large onions large normal. Onions have the characteristics to dissolve the mucus and phlegm.
• Eating five to six shallots with a little sugar is an excellent remedy to help clear mucus and phlegm. Eat this every day for several times to get better relief from bronchitis.
• you can also extract the juice of a medium onion and take one or two teaspoons of raw onion juice every morning say that to deal with bronchitis.
• Add raw vegetables to your daily salad onions, or even using onions during cooking will be resolved to be effective in the treatment of bronchitis.
2. Epsom salt
The Epsom salt bath is a home remedy well known for treating symptoms of acute bronchitis. It is important for people suffering from chronic bronchitis to take a bath twice a day on the water Epsom salt mixed. If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, then ideally a bath of hot Epsom salt is taken every night to get relief from bronchitis.
• Add one kilogram of Epsom salt in 60 liters of warm water.
• Let Epsom salt dissolve in water completely and then you need to immerse your entire body in this water hot Epsom salt for about half an hour.
• Repeat this process daily if you are suffering from acute bronchitis to get immediate relief from bronchitis.
3. Sesame seeds
Sesame seeds is said to be an effective ingredient that will help in reducing of symptoms associated with chronic bronchitis. This will help give excellent relief for chest pain associated with the dreaded disease bronchitis.
• Mix half a teaspoon of sesame seeds in two tablespoons of water.
• Have this water mixed sesame powder twice a day to get relief from bronchitis.
• You can also take a teaspoon of flax seeds, a teaspoon of sesame seeds and a pinch of salt and mix well. To this mixture, add a tablespoon of honey.
• Drink the mixture every night before going to bed to get relief from bronchitis the next day.
4. Gargle salt water
Several symptoms associated with bronchitis can be stopped by gargling salt water several times. This will help soothe his throat inflammation and also help in reducing mucus in the throat that is causing irritation.
• Add one teaspoon of table salt or rock salt to a glass of warm water. Let the salt is dissolved in water completely.
• Gargle several times a day to reduce irritation and swelling in her throat.
• You need to take in the same amount of salt whenever salt is added to water to gargle as too much salt has the tendency to cause a burning sensation in the throat. Little amount of salt will not be effective for bronchitis. Therefore, stick to one teaspoon for a cup of hot water always.
5. Orange juice
Orange juice is found to be an effective home remedy to treat the symptoms of acute bronchitis. Orange juice is rich in vitamins and minerals and is also an excellent remedy for sore throat.
• Drink many glasses of orange juice as you like when you feel hungry. However, make sure to avoid solid food for a few days to reduce symptoms of bronchitis.
• It is also important that you just consumed fresh orange juice oranges and not go orange juice with added preservatives that are obtained on the market.
6. Turmeric powder
turmeric powder has anti-inflammatory properties as well as being a very effective antiseptic. It is used to treat a large number of symptoms of bronchitis. It is very good remedy you can imagine cough associated with bronchitis.
• Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk.
• Boil this mixture and bring to lukewarm state.
• Now, take this turmeric milk with a tablespoon of butter three to four times a day to reduce the symptoms of bronchitis.
• It would be better for you to consume this milk on an empty stomach in the morning to see even better results.
• It will help in reducing excessive mucus in the lungs and help you get fast relief.
Ginger is a natural home remedy you can think of to treat the common cold. It is also very effective in treating bronchitis. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that will provide a great relief in lung, swollen and inflamed irritation. ginger tea herbal is a very good home remedy for symptoms of bronchitis.
• Add a teaspoon of dry ginger powder and one teaspoon black pepper in a cup of water. Mix well and bring the water to a boil.
• Sim for a few minutes and then add a teaspoon of honey to this ginger tea herbal.
• Drink this tea twice a day for best results.
• You can also make a fine powder by mixing equal amounts of black pepper powder, clove powder and dry ginger powder. Mix well with a tablespoon of honey or milk and consume this three times a day to reduce the symptoms of bronchitis effectively.
Water is the best home remedy you can think of when suffering bronchitis. You can not eat and swallow solid food for bronchitis and you need to keep your body hydrated also growing. The best option is to drink plenty of water.
• Make sure you drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water when affected by symptoms of bronchitis.
• You can also drink vegetable and fresh fruit juices with running water.
• you can also eat ice cream or suck a couple of ice cubes to reduce inflammation in the throat.
• It is important that you do not consume alcohol or drinks with caffeine as it will lead to rapid dehydration.
9. Vapor therapy eucalyptus
If you are suffering from symptoms of bronchitis such as cough and age, then you can always consider taking steam therapy with oil eucalyptus. It will help in removing mucus that clogs the airways and antibacterial properties that help in healing ease sore, inflamed throat. You can also apply directly to your chest to help in removing mucus from your respiratory system and improve the functioning of the respiratory system.
• Add a few drops of pure eucalyptus oil in a pan of boiling water.
• Mix well and then inhale the medicated water, covering his head with a soft cotton cloth. Doing this for three to four times a day for several days to see effective results decreased symptoms of bronchitis.
Honey is a natural home remedy that has a lot of medicinal properties and is very effective in treating cough is a symptom of bronchitis. It is loaded with antibacterial and antiviral properties that help soothe the throat and reduce inflammation of the throat. This will help improve the body’s immune system.
• Add a teaspoon of honey in tea regulate herbs and mix well.
• Drink this tea three times a day to reduce the symptoms of bronchitis.
• You can also add a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm lemon water. Mix well and drink twice a day to get relief from throat congestion and inflammation.
11. The licorice powder
Licorice root is considered to be an effective herb to help in the treatment of symptoms associated with bronchitis.
• Grind the dried licorice root into fine powder and add a teaspoon in a cup of water.
• Boil this mixture for 15 minutes.
• Strain the water content and drink this twice a day for a week in a state of warmth rid of the symptoms of bronchitis.
Are you suffering from chronic or acute bronchitis? It inflamed or irritated throat by the mucus? You can try home remedies mentioned above to effectively reduce the symptoms associated with bronchitis.