Do you know your biological age?
What about the reserve capacity of your lungs?
or the length of their telomeres?
These are important questions, but who do you ask? Unfortunately, the typical internal medicine doc probably can not answer them.
But the technology is here to answer all these questions -. And much more
As a regular reader, for example, you probably know that telomeres are small strands of DNA at the end of each chromosome that determine healthily and long will your life .
And it is very important that you know how long your telomeres are and how they can keep them.
But the visit of a typical doctor is not going to get there.
Instead, what is likely to get is a couple of minutes to share your symptoms. Then he says what is wrong with you and you are sent with a prescription, hoping the problem goes away.
This is not my idea of how medicine should be practiced. And it sure will not identify any underlying problems you have or how you can prevent them from becoming serious diseases related to age.
That’s why I’ve come up with a different type of practice -. And different types of patient care
Patients want answers
have always believed that to achieve optimal health and wellness, patients have to act like a dance partner working ” synchronized “with me to achieve the same goal.
If you do not know where my dance partner is – in terms of health indicators and progress -. We are almost certainly going to be out of step
That’s why I never tried simply symptoms of patients and sent them on their way.
To prevent premature aging and achieve real, long-term HealthSPAN, I need to quantify these vital markers.
For example, need to know everything about the daily diets of my patients, what kind of exercise (if any) they do, and what toxins they are exposed to, etc.
Only then I can get an accurate picture of what works and what is not.
I have already begun the next generation of integrative medicine, collaborative my Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine in Royal Palm Beach, Florida.
You see, all new patients at my school go through a screening test and whole blood. But that’s just the beginning.
For a complete picture of the health of a patient, we tried things like body composition metabolic rate heart and reserve lung capacity and, yes, telomere length .
also established a food log to keep track of your diet and assessment tests to check force mobility and muscle function. And we check the level of toxins in your body.
Once the diagnostic work is done receives an all-encompassing welfare, we use as a basis for care.
But do not stop there …
Who’s Your Health?
Then I will launch our health coach, Jessie. But it is much more than a coach. – She is the supporter of his
To show how this new program works, let’s start with a patient sample, John.
- Step 1: John Sears visits the Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine. He complains of shortness of breath and weakness. First, we carry out a health questionnaire and blood of extensive work to establish their vital health markers.
- Step 2: study your lab results. In general, his health seems pretty good. However, we do some nutritional adjustments to your diet to address various shortcomings. To cope with shortness of breath and weakness, now test the reserve capacity of your lungs with our VO2 Max test. Also we test your muscle strength in the gym.
- Step 3: performs John evil in our VO2 Max test, which means that the reserve capacity of your lungs is low. We have detected a major hidden danger lurking. lung power is the main predictor of how long you will live. As the capacity of your lungs decreases, so does the length of your healthspan.
- Step 4: To increase the lung capacity of John and strength, Jessie prescribed short sessions of vigorous exercise are the center of my exercise program PACE . PACE challenges cardiopulmonary progressively exit. Think of it as weight lifting for the lungs. When you progressively challenging muscles by adding increasing amounts of weight, muscles become larger. PACE does this for your lung capacity.
- Step 5: But Jessie is not limited to send John on his way with some exercises pace. She works with him one-on-one in our fitness studio and develops a customized program.
- Step 6: Jessie checked with John regularly to keep track of your progress, answer questions and offer words of encouragement. She is there to meet your needs every step of the way on your journey to wellness.
The next generation of health care has to participate as an active participant, polite. provides anti-aging treatment which gives a full measure of their health by tracking the real sources of premature aging and disease – poor diet, lack of exercise and exposure to environmental toxins .
And has medical professionals who are its partners, working together with you to provide vital information, open communication and motivation you need to restore your health and vitality.
Modern medicine is changing for the better in a fundamental way. It is evolving along with her doctor?
For more information on Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine, call 561-784-7852 or visit searsinstitute.com .
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
The Next Generation of Anti-Aging Medicine is here first he appeared in Dr. Al Sears, MD anti aging Pioneer Alternative Health Newsletter .