During the time that I can remember, I always, Aove new Year, AOS resolutions . While I try to make positive changes throughout the year, I personally think that the New Year is a great excuse to take time to reflect and pushed a little further in the right direction. My team and I already share some of our 2016 resolutions on the blog last week. But today I wanted to talk about a higher resolution that I hope everyone will :. Go green
In recent years, one of my goals has been to create awareness of the importance of environmental sustainability. I have written blogs about it, and I’m even involved with an incredible company called Blue Avocado who is committed to preserving our natural resources Earth years. We have only one planet, so let, AOS, take good care of it!
When it comes to going green, small changes make a big difference. There are so many small touches that can be incorporated into your daily routine that really make a big difference when added up. Say you give up plastic bags, for example. It may not seem like much at first. But think about the amount of plastic that will save landfill in the course of a month, a year or a lifetime.
to inspire you to live a greener life in 2016, here are 10 easy changes you can make:
- Usage DIY green cleaning products or solutions purchased in health food stores .
- ingredients and leftovers stores in blue avocado (re) reusable zippers instead of disposable plastic bags or containers throwaway.
- Purchase on the market farmers , where you can find local products and organic that comes with a much lower carbon footprint.
- Plant a tree! Start with a houseplant if you have a gift, AOT garden .
- Always have a reusable tote in hand. Some of my favorites are stylish and functional totes hip pod and folding buyer from avocado and blue. Go a step further, and use produce reusable bags , too.
- Usage organic beauty products . They are much more gentle on the skin and the environment.
- Participate in Meatless Monday to lessen their impact on the planet.
- When you travel, Ziplocs ditch the disposable quart size for a beauty kit ecological fabric made from recycled post-consumer bottle.
- Challenge yourself to go on a Saturday or all day Sunday without using your car. Without a means of displacement to worry, choose neighborhood activities that you can walk, bike or use public transportation to get to.
- Yes pack a lunch , opt for a eco-mat from Blue avocado to store your sandwich or wrap.
Will you join me in a greener life style in 2016?
Remember, every little bit counts!