Nosebleeds can be alarming, but they are not usually a sign of something serious and can often be treated at home.
Bleeding usually occurs in one nostril. If the bleeding is heavy enough, blood can fill the nostril on the affected side and overflow into the nasopharynx, it spills over into the other nostril to cause bleeding on both sides.
natural remedies for nosebleeds. EMERGENCY FIRST AID AND
According to Top 10 home remedies, this is the easiest way to stop a nosebleed. Press the nose sends pressure to the bleeding point on the nasal septum, which helps stop blood flow immediately.
- sit up straight with your head tilted slightly forward position. Tilting the head back can actually be very dangerous and cause vomiting.
- pinch the soft part of the nose bone below the bridge.
- Do this for 5 to 10 minutes. Breathing through the mouth.
- Release pressure gently and sit quietly for 5 minutes.
- Repeat if necessary until the bleeding stops.
Notice: do not lay flat, tilt your head back or put your head between your legs. Also, it does not blow your nose.
Onions have a clotting agent in the blood and are rich vitamin C and bioflavonoids that strengthen the damaged blood vessels.
Method 1: Cut onion into thick slices. Press 1 slice under your nose and inhale. The bleeding will stop within minutes.
Method 2: Put 2 or 3 drops of freshly extracted in each nostril onion. Repeat as necessary.
How Stuff Works indicate that the ice is very useful to stop bleeding, constricting blood vessels and reducing inflammation (if nose is injured).
Place crushed ice in a zipper type plastic bag and cover with a towel. (A bag of frozen works well, too vegetables.) Place the compress on the bridge of the nose and hold until well after the bleeding stops.
If the bleeding finally stops, you rarely need to seek medical advice. However, in some cases further treatment of their GP or hospital may be necessary.
Consult a doctor if:
- You have nosebleeds that come and go regularly
- A child under two years of age has a nosebleed
- The bleeding is heavy and has lost a lot of blood
- The bleeding continues for a period of 20 minutes
- a lot of blood that makes you vomit swallowed
- you are having difficulty breathing
- nosebleed developed after a serious injury like a car accident
(Visited 40 times, 40 visits today)