Nosebleeds can be frightening, but they are not usually a sign of something serious and can often be treated at home.
according to WebMD , bleeding usually occurs from one nostril. If the bleeding is heavy enough, blood can fill the nostril on the affected side and overflow into the nasopharynx, it spills over into the other nostril to cause bleeding on both sides.
Natural Remedies for nosebleeds. First Aid and Emergency
Tighten the nose
According to Top 10 Home Remedies , this is the easiest way to stop a nosebleed. Press the nose sends pressure to the bleeding point on the nasal septum, which helps stop blood flow immediately.
- sit up straight, head tilted slightly forward. Tilting the head back can actually be very dangerous and cause vomiting.
- Pinch the soft part of the nose bone below the bridge.
- Do this for 5 to 10 minutes. Mouth breathing
- Release pressure gently and sit quietly for five minutes
- Repeat if necessary until the bleeding stops
Note … do not lie down, tilt the head back or put your head between your legs. Also, it does not blow your nose.
Onions have a clotting agent in the blood and are rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids that strengthen the damaged blood vessels.
Method 1: Cut onion into thick slices. Press 1 slice under your nose and inhale. The bleeding will stop within minutes
Method 2 :. Put 2 or 3 drops of freshly extracted in each nostril onion. Repeat as necessary.
How Stuff Works indicate that the ice is very useful to stop bleeding, constriction of blood vessels, and reduction of inflammation (if the nose is injured).
Place crushed ice in a zipper bag type plastic and cover with a towel. (A bag of frozen works well, too vegetables.) Place the compress on the bridge of the nose and hold until well after the bleeding stops.
If the bleeding finally stops, you do not usually need to seek medical advice. However, in some cases further treatment of their GP or hospital
Consult a doctor if it may be necessary :.
- A child under two years of age has a nosebleed
- have nosebleeds that come and go regularly
- The bleeding continues for more than 20 minutes
- The bleeding is heavy and has lost a lot of blood
- you are having difficulty breathing
- a lot of blood that makes you vomit
- nosebleed developed after a serious injury like a car accident
image source day: remedydaily.com
the message natural Remedies for nosebleeds. First Aid and Emergency first appeared in Food and Health Life .