One type of fungus virus is responsible for nail fungus. Also known as onychomycosis and tinea unguium, fungal infections of nails are considered the most popular nail diseases, which represent approximately 50% of nail abnormalities. This article VKool.com will show you all the basic information about nail fungus as causes, symptoms and home remedies for nail fungus. Check out below!
I. Remedies for nail fungus – What are fungi?
Fungi are microscopic organisms that do not need sunlight to survive. In fact, some fungi also come with beneficial uses. Other fungi lead to infection and disease. Fungi live in damp, warm environments, which contains pools and showers. In addition, they could invade human skin through cuts that are so small that you could not even see them, or through a small separation between the nail and nail bed. Fungi, in other words, can lead to problems if the nails are usually exposed to hot, humid conditions.
style = “display: block” data-ad-client = “ca-pub-4039892169575807” data-ad-slot = “3080523579” data-ad-format = “auto”>
II. home remedies for nail fungus – vs. feet nails Nails
Acutally, nail fungus occurs more often on toenails than those nails. It is partly because:
- Toenails usually are confined in a warm, dark, humid environment, like inside shoes, where fungi could thrive.
- toes often have less blood flow to the fingers, thereby making it more difficult for the body’s immune system to detect and stop the infection.
III. home remedies for nail fungus – leading causes of nail fungus
Actually, fungal infections in nails can be resulted from 3 different types of fungi, either alone or in combination.
- The dermatophytes: these are a kind of fungus that could grow in the hair, skin and nails. Do not invade the deeper tissues of the human body. Actually, Trichophyton rubrum, the most popular dermatophyte, often leads to most cases of athlete’s foot. In turn, athlete’s foot can infect toenails. People may become infected by contact with objects that have dermatophytes in them, like shoes, clothing, nail clippers, bathrooms and locker rooms plants, nail files, and carpet.
- Yeast: are the type of fungus that develops on nails and skin. Typically, they are present in the body. Things such as antibiotics, illness or use of the contraceptive pill and immune system problems could allow an overgrowth of yeast, thereby causing a yeast infection.
- Molds: they are a kind of fungus that commonly develops on the ground and could develop on nails and skin. They not often pass between people. People may suffer from a fungal infection in the nail, as they come into contact with the fungus and begin to develop on or under the nail. Fungi grow best in warm, moist areas such as the area around the toes of human feet. However, you may have skin fungus infection without fingernails. If you are susceptible to fungal infections, they will return, even after effective remedy and especially if no preventive measures are taken.
Apart from the above causes of fungi, there are some factors that can increase your risk of growing nail fungus, which contains:
- greater Being, because the decreased flow of blood, a lot of years of exposure to fungi, nails and slower developing
- the male, especially if your family history has fungal infections of nails
- perspiring heavily
- Working in wet and humid environment where hands are usually wet, like housekeeping or bars
- Wearing socks and shoes that hinder ventilation and do not absorb perspiration
- Walking barefoot in damp public areas such as swimming pools, showers, gyms or
- lie with the person suffering from nail fungus
- Having athlete’s foot
- Having an injury to the nail or a minor skin or skin problems such as psoriasis
- Having circulation problems, diabetes , a weakened immune system
IV. home remedies for nail fungus – Signs of fungal nail
There are many species of fungi , which could affect nails. However, by far the most common, is named Trichophyton rubrum. This type of fungus has a tendency to infect the skin and is manifested in the specific following ways:
- Start at the ends of the nail and elevate the nail up: it is called “distal subungual onychomycosis “and it is the most popular type of fungal nail infection – about 90%. It is most popular in the toes fingers. It often starts as a discolored area on the corner of his big toe and then gradually extending to the cuticle. Finally, toenails become scaly and thickened. In some cases, you can also see in athlete’s foot between the toes or peeling of the skin on the sole of the foot.
- starts at the base of the nail and lift the nail up: this is called “proximal subungual onychomycosis” and is the least popular type of nail fungus – about 3%. It is likely that the distal type, however, begins at the base of the nail – cuticle – and then spread steadily towards the tip of the nail human way. This type usually occurs in people with immune system is ruined.
- onychomycosis Yeast: this was due to yeast called “ Candida ” and not by the Trichophytonfungus mentioned above. Usually, it is more popular in the fingernails and could be the most popular cause of nail fungus. Actually, Candida could lead to nail brown, yellow, white, or thickened. Some people who suffer from this infection also have yeast inside your mouth or suffer from a chronic paronychia which is also heavily infected with yeast.
V. Home remedies for nail fungus – How to prevent nail fungus
in fact, nobody knows where a particular person is catches the fungus, as it is available everywhere. However, because the fungus does not thrive in moist area, warm, like sweaty feet, there are some specific areas that people should be avoided or used with caution. locker rooms, showers, floors or pools often suspected to be the main sources of fungi, although there are no studies showing that certain facts. Acrylic nails and nail polish also make less “breathable” human nail and also make more susceptible to nail fungus problem. We all know that fungi are everywhere – in the dust, air and soil as well. Therefore, hygiene measures like socks or shoes spray may be sensitive perhaps these measures could help a little. However, not avoid breathing, tight shoes or steering clear of the floors of sports facilities could be the best prevention available. In addition, washing feet daily and dry between the toes may help prevent nail fungus. The fungi that occur in the fur of pets, like dogs and cats, not often lead to nail fungus. And, wearing white socks could help you in preventing nail fungus.
VI. 16 Natural Home remedies for nail fungus
Bleaching is also one of the most popular choices for nail fungus natural home remedies. The American Osteopathic College of Dermatology recommends in particular the use of chlorine to block the growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is a type of bacteria that causes a yeast infection in specific fingernails green nail syndrome called. For safest application, mix bleach (1 part) with water (100 parts). Then soak the infected nail nail or for at least fifteen minutes. Repeat this treatment twice a day faithfully, preferably before going to bed and in the morning. If the fungus does not start to clear within 8 weeks, you need to choose an alternative remedy or consult a doctor.
honey comes with hydrogen peroxide, which helps the bacteria murder and heals skin burns well (click in a tweet). Honey acts as an antifungal, which helps eliminate toxins from the feet and nails trying fungus feet. All you have to do is try to apply a small teaspoon of honey to the nail and then gently wrap the affected area with gauze. Alternatively, you can try to eat a combination of 1 tablespoon honey vinegar and1 tablespoons apple cider on a regular basis to help fight infection.
Read more: http://vkool.com/health-benefits-of-honey/ natural health benefits of honey for skin, hair and body
- coconut oil
A nutritionist and naturopathic physician, the Dr. Bruce Fife, signs in his book that, because of their compounds immune stimulation, coconut oil helps prevent disease and also helps people lose weight, control the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, curing rashes, psoriasis and eczema, and removing viruses and fungi also harmful. Furthermore, the presence of caprylic acid in the oil is an active ingredient of special work as a natural fungicide. Furthermore, coconut oil is composed of the anti-fungal properties that help dissolve fungal cells vulnerable. For the treatment of nail fungus, you need to take a small amount of coconut oil on your hands and apply it on the infected nail and allowed to soak for at least 15 minutes. gently massage the infected nail and then let it dry naturally. The above steps must be repeated 2 to 3 times daily until healing of fungal nail is obtained fully.
Read more: http://vkool.com/coconut-oil-uses-for-skin/ Top 9 Uses of coconut oil for skin care and acne treatment
- cornmeal soaks
Basically, one of the home remedies under cost for nail fungus cornmeal porridge are used. A lot of people have had success with this remedy to cure infections toenail fungus and athlete’s foot, ringworm and other fungal problems. a layer of cornmeal untreated Pour 1 inch, white or yellow, in a bowl and add just enough to submerge the foot or hand infected water. Leave the mixture to settle for half an hour to an hour. After this, take your hand or infected foot in the basin for half an hour. At last, rinse the pasta and pat dry wet foot or hand using a clean towel. This procedure must be repeated twice a day until your yeast infection completely erased.
is best to take a probiotic supplement containing at least 5-10 billion UFC forming units (colon) of the lactobacillus bacteria every day to help boost the immune system, thus promoting the growth of healthy nails, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. probiotic agents provide an effective way to restore or maintain the healthy balance of bacteria in the body by blocking the spread and growth of infectious nail fungus. the use of a probiotic supplement is recommended. You must choose the probiotic supplement that comes from a pharmaceutical manufacturer reputable.
6. Olive Leaf Extract
olive leaf extract is also one of the best home remedies for nail fungus. They can treat nail fungus because of its anti-aging, antibiotic and antioxidant properties. As it applies to nail fungus, olive leaf extract helps reduce infection and restores skin http://vkool.com/tag/skin/
around of the nail. You only need to apply the olive leaf extract of the infected nail. Or you can use oral capsules of olive leaf. It is best to repeat the process regularly.
1. The apple cider vinegar
When it comes to vinegar apple cider , there are a variety of benefits that can be taken from it. And one of the little known benefits of apple cider vinegar (ACV) is the control of nail fungus naturally. This is slightly acidic and could help people prevent nail fungus development and propagation. At the same time, it can kill fungi and bacteria.
You can mix equal parts of ACV and water to create a combination. Then soak your toenails in this solution for about 30 minutes each day. After finishing, which dry thoroughly toenail. If used daily for several weeks, you may notice an improvement in your problem as quickly.
Alternatively, you can flush the anti-fungal scrub by mixing some flour milled rice thick with several tablespoons of ACV. Then apply the mixture on and around your affected before lightly scrubbing the nail area. Apply this several times a week. This treatment will also help remove dead skin cells and to maintain healthy skin and smooth.
2. Tea tree oil
This type of oil has antiseptic and anti properties -Mushrooms that help much in the taco nail fungus. In addition, this oil is used to cure other skin infections.
To begin with, several drops of tea tree oil are mixed with 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil. Then, simply use a cotton ball dip into the mixture and apply it on the affected nail. Wait 10 minutes or so before using a toothbrush to scrub the affected nail.
Applying this method 2-3 times a day until a good result.
3. Sodium Bicarbonate
The list of the best natural home remedies for fungus nails, baking soda is an effective ingredient that may be available in your kitchen right now. This could help neutralize the smell of feet. To make use of sodium bicarbonate for the treatment of fungal, ½ cup of baking soda is added with ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide 3% and ½ cup of Epsom salt to about 4 cups Hot water. Mix well to get a good mix. Then add ¼ cup white vinegar to it.
Then this mixture the affected nail is immersed for about 10 minutes. After that, wash your toenails with clean water and dry feet thoroughly. Do this routine twice a day for a few weeks to get a quick improvement.
4. White vinegar
Like the apple cider vinegar, white vinegar it could also help you take control of fungal infections in the nails, as it can fight infection and restore the pH levels of human skin.
You can mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts warm water. Then soak your affected in this solution for 15 minutes nail. Now, rinse and dry thoroughly nails. Apply this cure twice a day for best results.
However, one should keep in mind that if you own skin irritation occurs, then you need to add more water to the solution and repeat the process every other day instead of daily.
5. Oregano oil
Indeed, oregano oil has antibacterial properties, antiseptic, antiparasitic, antiviral, antifungal and analgesic properties, so it is an effective cure for nail fungus.
You can mix 2 drops of oregano oil with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Then apply the mixture on the affected toenails and wait 30 minutes or so. Now, wash and dry your toes thoroughly. Repeat 1-2 times a day for 3 weeks to obtain good results.
6. Listerine mouthwash
The bottle of Listerine mouthwash in your bathroom it can be a good remedy for nail fungus, thanks to the antibacterial properties. It has some compounds and alcohol acts as a strong antiseptic to keep away harmful bacteria and fungi.
You can fill a small tub with Listerine mouthwash. Or, you can combine the same parts white vinegar with Listerine mouthwash. Then soak the affected areas in this solution for 30 minutes; Gently rub the infected area before rinsing. Dry thoroughly. Applying this method 1-2 times a day for best results.
Not many people know the ability to cure nail fungus Garlic. The truth is that garlic includes compounds such as allicin and Ajoene having antifungal properties, helping to treat nail fungus.
You can mix the garlic oil with the same amount of white vinegar . Then apply this mixture over and around the infected nail before the nail cover with a bandage. Wait several hours before removing it sells. Apply this method every day until the infection clears.
Furthermore, it can shorten the healing time by eating 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed every day.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon comes with many benefits, ranging from care benefits skin, haircare benefits to the benefits of home. However, it could be used as a natural treatment for toenail fungus due to citric acid presented. To use it for this purpose, simply apply fresh lemon juice in the infected nail. Wait 30 minutes or so before washing it off with water. Alternatively, you can mix the same amount of lemon juice with olive oil. Then use the mixture to massage the infected area. Wait for a few hours before washing. Olive oil will soften the skin, while lemon juice could control fungal infection.
use any of these remedies several times a day for a month or longer until good results are observed.
9. Lavender oil
The last but not least advice when it comes to remedies Remedies for nail fungus is the use of lavender oil. Because lavender oil has some volatile compounds and antiseptic properties that would defeat any infection and prevent skin irritation. Therefore, it can be treated effectively with nail fungus.
simply mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with the same amount of lavender oil to create a good solution. Use a cotton ball to apply this solution below the upper edge of the affected area and around it. Wait 10 minutes or so before washing it out. Remember to dry thoroughly. Applying this method 2-3 times a day for several weeks for positive effects.
10. Orange Oil
Like some other essential oils mentioned above, oil orange can be used as home remedies for nail fungus effectively. You can use a dropper to apply pure orange oil between the toes, on and under the toenails. If you have sensitive skin, it is necessary to dilute the essential oil with the same amount of carrier oil such as grape seed oil. Wait 30 minutes or so before rinsing. Do this routine 2-3 times a day for good results.
These are above all the necessary information you need to know about nail fungus and homemade remedies for nail fungus. Which treatment works best for you? Share your ideas with us below this post. We feedback to all soon!