My girls are ready to go instantly their eyes open, and at the same time I like to make breakfast the most important meal of the day many mornings I’m just not feeling that by doing a lot of Cook. I do a lot of cooking on the weekends when we can awaken slower and does not have to be in the car before 7:55 am sharp for school leave.
muffins Morning Glory is one of my breakfasts winter staple to have in the freezer because that do not require a lot of seasonal products or ingredients . Always I have carrots in the fridge, and raisins in the pantry, and with only a tablespoon or 2 of raw honey these muffins do not need sugar to be sweet!
Carrots give an orange color so happy for breakfast, and we can use all the color we can get in our dark blizzard filled winters in Michigan. is a great way to get some vegetables in children in the morning, and you really can not try them. If you think you are going to complain about seeing carrots ringing up only smaller in the food processor instead of crushing them.
This batch of cupcakes makes a dozen so often twice so I can put them in the freezer. makes my mornings much easier busy when I can remove some muffins in a basket and serve them with boiled eggs and sausages, and glasses of raw milk. They taste even better with a large patch of butter, and girls love coconut butter in them too.
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use!” Please know I never personally recommend any product would not use in my own family.
Print morning glory muffins :: gluten and refined sugar Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- ⅓ cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 2TB raw honey (local, if possible, or is is a good brand)
- 2 TB (local if possible or is would work too)
- 2 eggs pastured (if egg freewheeling for 2 eggs gelatin or ½ mashed cup pumpkin is)
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup or whole milk coconut
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup flour blanched almonds (if nut free exchange by sorghum flour or brown rice flour )
- ½ cup grated unsweetened coconut)
- 2 teaspoons powder unbaked aluminum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- ½ organic raisins cup (I have mine at Costco)
pure maple syrup
- Mix the butter, honey, maple syrup, eggs, lemon and milk for a minute or two.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, and mixed through the beaters.
- times in the carrots and raisins with a spatula.
- baking silicone baking cups or a muffin tin with butter at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Check around the 30 minute for our furnaces work differently. By the way, I love my silicone molds so cleaning is super simple!
So tell me! ¿Are you a morning person ??? I want to know how they help throughout the morning if given a chance!