‘ve been watching the crisis in Flint, Michigan, with increasing alarm ?. pipes and fittings old city still leaching lead , poisoning of water users and the creation of a state of emergency.
More than 100,000 people are still without tap water safe. In some cases, water was found to contain such high lead levels has been classified as “toxic waste.”
What is lead poisoning?
And while you may have been told Flint is an extreme case, it is almost the only one. Lead levels in water have been considered “unsafe” in other parts of Michigan and parts of Ohio, Mississippi, New Jersey and South and California Carolina -., To name a few
However the biggest problem is that lead has been silently poisoning years – in every state and almost every country in the world -. And the danger is not coming out of their municipal water supply
Here in Institute Sears for Anti-Aging Medicine , I have seen this type of pollution toxic can take its toll on your health.
One minute, I’ll tell you about some natural, safe and sure-fire ways to remove lead your body.
What are the origins and effects of lead poisoning
But first, let’s take a closer look at the magnitude of the threat of lead poisoning.
The fact is that in the last 100 years, this highly toxic heavy metal has permeated almost every aspect of his life.
At one point, the lead was an ingredient in many household products, including paints lead-based manufactured before 1978. And, in 1922, General Motors developed a gasoline additive based lead that prevented automatic “knocking”. This alone pumps some 250,000-plus tons of lead in the air of America every year.
And even though it’s been almost 40 years since lead paint was banned in the US and lead is no longer used in fuel for automobiles, the problem in the United States remains at epidemic levels.
You see, the heavy metal is the potential risk in any house that was built before 1978, where the old lead paint remains hidden behind successive layers of new paint or wallpaper.
So if your house has been renovated, or even if you have had windows replaced, often raises old lead dust that can be ingested or inhaled.
lead poisoning in children
Children are especially vulnerable because they absorb lead more easily than adults and are more likely to get down to the dusty mouth. And often paint particles are lead tempting because of its sweet taste. In fact, the ancient Romans had used lead dust to sweeten the wine.
The floor can also be a source of lead poisoning, along with household dust hidden, deteriorating lead paint and imported toys.
Unfortunately, the devastating effects of lead poisoning in young children and grandchildren include irreversible damage to the brain and nervous system, behavior problems and learning and loss the audition.
But lead also they cause damage in adults and is associated with high blood pressure, kidney and liver damage, and diabetes.
Lead Poisoning Symptoms
- abdominal pain;
- Joint pain;
- muscle aches;
- decline in mental performance;
- pain, numbness or tingling of the extremities;
- Memory loss;
- Mood disorders.
Studies also show that exposure to lead can significantly increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease in recent years. 2 The exposure also increases the risk of cancer, especially liver, kidneys, lungs and brain. 3
There is no amount of lead that is “safe” for your body. The problem is that the mainstream often not connected with the symptoms of lead poisoning. 4
to better diagnose and treat lead poisoning
A blood test is the only way to diagnose lead poisoning. Here at Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine, we test patients regularly to the toxicity of heavy metals.
And patients are always surprised by the results.
The best way to detoxify your body is with chelation . I recommend a combination of oral chelation and IV chelation.
In my clinic, calcium disodium EDTA use for chelation IV directly into the bloodstream. EDTA surrounds and clings to metal toxins such as mercury, lead and arsenic. It takes them out of your body through the kidneys.
If you are interested in IV chelation in my clinic, please call 561-784-7852.
And for oral chelation recommend a three nutrients purification:
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC): This It increases levels of one of the strongest antioxidants in your body, glutathione. When the researchers bathed the cells in the lead, the DNA of cells treated with NAC lived longer and had her protected from damage DNA. NAC directly increases antioxidant defense mechanisms of cells to defend themselves against lead toxicity. Take 250 mg a day.
- SAM-e: This is a very effective detoxifier when it comes to toxic metals such as lead. It also increases levels of glutathione, which helps protect cells. Take 200 mg a day.
- acid alpha lipoic : This is known as the “universal antioxidant” because fighting free cells radicals in both fatty and aqueous areas of the body . And, LA is capable of chelating ions transient, meaning that is effective in treating poisoning by heavy metals. I recommend taking 250 mg per day.
Cilantro also removes heavy metals from the body. About one teaspoon daily with food will help you keep your lead levels down.
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. “lead poisoning.” Mayo Clinic.
2. Hegazi, Iman. “Lead exposure and Alzheimer’s disease: Is there a relationship?” Legal Medicine and Toxicology, World Council of Lead and Support Service (glass). 01/05/2014.
3. “The Lead.” American Cancer Society
4. American Heart Association. “” Safe “Levels of lead in the blood with the risk of death.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 19 September 2006.