When you think of the marshmallow, which will probably think of white puffy treats that are perfect pastries and hot chocolate. However, marshmallow actually has some potential health benefits that go far beyond simply being a tasty treat that can be eaten.
Indeed, the name might come to assume the marshmallow can really do. It is Althea Greek name literally means “to heal.” And while marshmallow is commercially available and has no real marshmallow root, you can still buy marshmallow root extract online or at your local store to reap the many health benefits. Speaking of benefits, what are the benefits of marshmallow root extract
Health benefits of marshmallow root extract
Clip marshmallow root has a lot of benefits, and that can be used every day if you find that works good for you. Some of the benefits of the extract of marshmallow root include:
– Pain Relief : extract of marshmallow root is known to be one of the most effective natural pain relief remedies. Not only it can be applied directly to cuts, wounds, bruises and burns, but can also be consumed to treat pain in the mucous membranes lining the respiratory tract. So if you have a bad cold or flu, and is suffering from a sore throat, marshmallow root extract can be a lifesaver.
– reduce inflammation : To go along with what we have mentioned briefly above, marshmallow acts as a natural emollient. An emollient is an agent which forms a soft film of a mucous membrane, eliminating pain and inflammation in the membrane. This is especially useful for those suffering from respiratory or digestive inflammation.
– detoxification detoxification is always a confusing topic, but there is some evidence that suggests that marshmallow can help the body naturally eliminate toxic material in the body. The exact mechanism by which this occurs is unknown but may be due to the fact marshmallow is a diuretic.
– Digestive Support : From marshmallow acts as a natural emollient, has a direct impact on the system digestive . Stomach ulcers, constipation, diarrhea and upset stomach are all digestive conditions that can be improved by taking marshmallow. Even kidney stones is said to pass easier when the marshmallow root extract is taken.
– insect bite treatment : During the summer months, all get little insect on a regular basis. Marshmallow can be applied topically as a poultice to reduce inflammation, pain and itching. It is particularly useful for those nasty mosquito bites all tend to scratch open until they become cuts, which often scar.
Marshmallow also be used to treat chapped skin as well as pain and swelling of the feet and hands due to cold exposure. there may be other benefits, but these are the only benefits that have been explored so far.
How is marshmallow root used?
Marshmallow is commonly used by herbalists as a tea or cold tea (tea with cold water). The infusion is used to treat many common diseases such as inflammation, digestive problems, and much more. Otherwise, you can apply directly to the marshmallow cuts, wounds or pain to numb the pain and start the healing process.
is marshmallow root extract sure?
Based on the evidence we have seen so far, there is no evidence to suggest that the marshmallow root extract is not safe when taken orally. In some cases, it can cause low blood sugar, but that’s really the only concern. Diabetics may want to control their levels of blood sugar if taken marshmallow.
Furthermore, it is not recommended that pregnant or nursing mothers take marshmallow, simply because the effects are not fully known yet. It is better to be safe and just avoid it until we know more about marshmallow.
How to Buy marshmallow?
Marshmallow is readily available in online stores like Amazon, Wal-Mart, and many other major sellers of supplements. You can find the source of a month for only around $ 10-20, depending on the quality and the manufacturer.
In view of the numerous benefits of marshmallow, this price is basically a robbery. Although marshmallow can not be a revolutionary supplement that will totally change your life, it’s still a good supplement to take home.