Happy New Year to you and your family and loved ones. Are you all talking about their New Year’s resolutions? Weight loss seems to be at the top of the list of all.
One of the most common questions I get in my health center patients who want to know easy ways to keep those few extra pounds from sneaking in them during the year.
The first thing I tell them to do always catch people off guard:
can quickly stop the fat by eating “slow” moving fiber.
Foods with fiber lengthen the time it takes for the stomach to empty after a meal. This slows the release and absorption of blood sugar.
That means you produce less insulin, and less fat is created and stored.
You see, insulin is the hormone that regulates the production and storage of fat. The less you let go, the thinner it becomes.
today and processed foods full grain produce a storm there is never enough insulin to process all the sugar in the blood.
What is left is stored as body fat. So the key to reduce the accumulation of fat from your body is not to leave too much food are broken down into blood sugar too fast in the first place.
That’s where the fiber comes into play ..
Foods with fiber help slow the release of sugar into the bloodstream.
When high quality fiber eaten with a meal, they slow down the “emptying” of his stomach.
This slows the rate at which your body breaks down food into simple sugars. As a result, insulin levels remain stable. This reduces the amount of fat that produce and store.
Research shows that consumption of only 5 grams of soluble before or with each meal fiber can significantly mitigate the increase in blood sugar insulin.
large population studies show people in countries consuming more soluble fiber weigh less.
Here are my seven steps to get more natural fiber so you can stop excess weight creeping up on you, and help you lose excess weight from now on:
- fruit skin is the best skin: the pulp is not the most important part of extra fiber and dropping pounds. The skins are an important source of fiber. So stop in every time they eat fruit. Blueberries are my favorite because of the healthy nutrients to the heart as well. But also they have a high-fiber skin. Kiwis are a good example. Many people do not like fur, but triples the fiber obtained a kiwi.
- anti-grain Fiber: Conventional wisdom says you should eat grains for their fiber. That is an error. Instead, load up on vegetables. The best source of fiber are fibrous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, squash, eggplant and spinach.
- Am I nuts: The fiber found in nuts is one of the most effective. Nuts are a great choice. So are almonds. Eating a handful a day for quick and easy snack with fiber loading.
- fibers pumpkin: The seeds are great snacks full of fiber. My favorite is the pumpkin seeds. Its seed fiber pulp has everything. In South Florida that they are easy to get, because specialty stores sold as “nuggets”. Eating a handful a day.
- Single yellow fiber source: Bananas have a type of fiber called inulin. This resists digestion in the small intestine and reaches the large intestine intact. That means that bananas help slow digestion and make it much easier to process blood sugar completely so does not store fat.
- ancient secret of fiber: secret lies fenugreek with a special nutrient found in only a few plants in the world. It is called galactomannan, a type of soluble fiber that slows rate of sugar is absorbed into the blood. 1 The seeds are 25% galactomannan. Fenugreek is also heart healthy. In one study, one gram of fenugreek per day lowered levels of triglycerides and increased HDL. 2
- ancient Italian miracle fiber: The seventh source of fiber is the bean “cannelloni”, or white beans. They have a special retaining them as fiber carbohydrates that do not decompose fat resistant fiber.
How does it work? white beans contain amylase inhibitors. Block the action of the amylase enzyme that digests carbohydrates. The starch is not digested and passes through the body and the fiber. No peak blood sugar or insulin.
Resistant fiber also increases thermogenesis or fat burning. In an Australian study, people changed just 5.4% of its consumption of resistant starch fiber. For a full day after they were able to burn 23% more fat. 3
I’ll tell you more about this tomorrow. But for now, please remember the seven steps to get more fiber. I hope they help you have a healthier new year!
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD