Well, we need something to wet our Irish stew , is not it?
I love the story behind traditional Irish soda bread. Only a little flour and salt with baking soda and sour milk to create a place that was simple food the poor could tell.
is one of the few times caraway seeds pull out of my closet, and heat of flavor that gives the bread is amazing. It goes perfect with a spread of butter and a bowl of stew .
Print Irish soda bread Cookies :: gluten nut egg and dairy free options Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 1 cup flour blanched almonds (If is not nut free use of a cup of flour seeds or more brown / sorghum flour rice)
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or flour sorghum )
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon [hornearlibredepolvo aluminum
- ¾ cup raisins (These are optional)
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 beaten eggs (If you are not free from the egg, use gelatin or linen “eggs”)
- ¼ cup of yogurt (if not coconut milk dairy will work)
- ¼ soft butter cup (If dairy oil free use of coconut or avocado oil is)
- 2 honey TB
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, raisins and caraway seeds in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten slightly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat. You can get either 6 large or a dozen small cookies of this lot.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes and let cool for a few minutes before lifting the baking sheet.
I want to know how you like cookies if you try them!
The Irish soda bread cookies with nut :: Gluten, egg, dairy free options first appeared in Increased Fueled Generation .