The natural way for pregnant women to go when their time is scheduled for delivery to fall into labor. While this is the natural course, there are times when the birth process to take another path is performed. The work can be done artificially happen in pregnant women and is said to be induced at the time. Often situations where it becomes evident that there is a high risk in prolonging pregnancy is in the delivery of the baby immediately arise. When pregnant women face a situation like this, many of them tend to think that they are in a more painful session. This is totally contrary to the results of the studies that have been done in this area of medical research.
reasons why you may find your work should continue induced
There are some conditions that can justify your doctor suggests will induce labor when she is pregnant. When the risks shown and confirmed there is a need for immediate action to betaken, it is best to comply with the medical experts. Some of the reasons you may need an induced labor includes the following:
1) If your pregnancy is over 41 weeks and your doctor or health care professional has confirmed it is late, it is likely to be offered induced labor any time over this period. You may find that your doctor will not want to delay the adoption of the next line of action because there is a chance that your placenta lose rigor and become unable to supply enough food and oxygen to the baby.
2) The normal for pregnant women is labor within 24 hours after the observation of the water breaks. If your water is broken and do not start working then your doctor may suggest you go induced labor. This is because there is a risk of infection or your developing baby.
3) If your baby is growing normally and who are diabetic, especially if you are dependent on insulin to jeopardize their blood sugar, your doctor may recommend that you go labor induced after about 38 weeks of pregnancy.
4) If you suffer from any of some conditions of chronic or acute health conditions such as kidney disease or preeclampsia, your baby’s life may be in danger. The development of severe or mild hypertension during pregnancy will also require that immediate action be taken to save her baby and cause birth by the time you reach 37 weeks of pregnancy.
5) There have been cases of women who applied for labor induction for personal reasons. One of these examples is women whose husbands have been published outside the home and not be around to witness the birth of their babies. For some women who have had births still before or who fear for some complications in her pregnancy that often consider it prudent to take the step of inducing labor.
The steps involved in the induction of labor
Doctors and professionals health use different methods to start work. When it is decided that labor is induced, your doctor may start with a method, repeat or move to another method before starting work. Before you start labor, you can have a discussion with your doctor to identify the most appropriate methods to you. It should be a lot of good if you have any information before a while. The following are the most likely methods physician highlight for you.
The method of membrane sweep is offered routinely to pregnant women they are long in order to stimulate work. This method can also be suggested for you if you already have 40 weeks into her first pregnancy. In the method of membrane sweep, what happens is that the membrane surrounding your baby could be removed from his neck gently. During an internal examination, the doctor can perform this procedure without problems. There may be up to 2 or 3 membrane sweeps before your doctor decides to use other methods of induction. One of the risks of this method is that you may find it quite uncomfortable if your cervix is not easy to achieve. Another is that you may have to go to several sweeps membrane before it can estimate the success of this method.
This is another method used for induction of labor and makes use of the hormone called prostaglandin. Prostaglandin is a substance that is similar to a hormone in nature and that works by stimulation of uterine contractions. Prostoglandin administration normally require your doctor inserting a pessary, tablet or gel containing prostaglandin into the vagina. This movement is done in order to mature into their vagina. This process can be repeated for a second dose after about six hours. If you have not started labor, use of pessary can cause the release of prostaglandin slowly for a whole day, in which case a single dose would suffice.
You may discover that this method is a favorite of many women and is the method recommended for induction of labor as there are only some disadvantages that come with its use and also has confirmed that works better than most other methods. As good as this method is, it also has a small risk associated with their use. You could get your uterus over stimulated and this can reduce the oxygen supply to your baby. When this happens, there is no reason to panic; There are medications that can be used to reduce the speed of contraction of the uterus. The worst that can happen if there is more stimulation of the uterus is for the uterus to rupture. This case is rare but can happen with a “trial of labor” after a previous cesarean.
artificial rupture of membranes (ARM)
Artificial rupture of membranes is another method to induce labor and sometimes it is called “breaking the water”. This method is rarely used today to inducing labor unless there is a reason why you can not use vaginal prostaglandins. However, some doctors still make use of it where they observe that the progress of work needs to be increased. If the water breaks the doctor can perform this procedure on an internal review. The procedure works well in a situation in which the cervix is soft and ready for work.
This method is not without risk also, and most importantly does not work all the time and when once their waters have broken, her baby would be exposed to the risk of infection .