pain, stiffness and swelling in the joints of the hands and wrist, which limit the movement of joints is known as arthritis of the hands. The activities of everyday life become difficult due to pain and disability caused by the disease. The small joints of the hands must work together to produce movement. Arthritis affects multiple joints of the hands. It has been estimated that one in five adults in the United States is affected by arthritis. Arthritis includes hundreds of medical conditions and can affect people at an early age. If arthritis is not treated, the bones in the joints lose their normal shape, causing more pain and limited movement. The two major forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
What causes arthritis in your hands?
There are different forms of arthritis caused by different reasons. The cartilage wear may be a cause of arthritis. The lack of synovial fluid in the joint cavities hands can lead to arthritis in the hands. Autoimmunity is another major cause of arthritis of the joints of the body. A combination of several risk factors can also cause arthritis. Some of the main causes of arthritis of the hands are
• genetic composition
• physically demanding jobs with repetitive movements
• Previous injury to hands or wrist
• autoimmune diseases
symptoms of arthritis in the hands
symptoms of arthritis in the hands depend on the type of arthritis
• in this type of arthritis, symptoms appear slowly and become worse as time passes
• Pain in the joint after use or after a period of inactivity
• the tenderness of the joints when pressure is applied to the joints
• the joints will be stiff especially in the mornings
• hard lumps or bone spurs appear around the joints
• Inflammation of the joints
• be swollen the same joints on either hand
• joint pain
• the joint is touch sensitive
• red and swollen hands
• Beats tissues or rheumatoid nodules under the skin of the arms
• weight loss
the patient may feel frustrated because of the pain, reduce fatigue and inability to grip things. Patients can resume an active life through proper treatment. There is no cure for arthritis; however, it is possible to reduce the severity and deformities using various treatments, including home remedies.
Home Remedies for arthritis in hands:
If you are suffering from arthritis in his hands, then the following are some of the effective home remedies that help in the treatment of arthritis in his hands:
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is not only used as a light oil lamps in India but also it is believed to have certain curative and medicinal powers. It contains one of the most important medicinal ingredients called ricinoleic acid which is loaded with antibacterial, antiinflammatory and analgesic priorities. This is why it is recommended as a natural treatment for arthritis in the hands.
- take a generous amount of castor oil and apply in areas affected by arthritis in the hand.
- Massaging these areas gently for about five to ten minutes twice a day.
- This will help relieve the pain caused due to arthritis in the hands.
- can also boil two tablespoons of castor oil and add it to a glass of orange juice.
- Mix well and drink this juice before having breakfast every day.
- see a visible difference in your condition within a few weeks.
Garlic is another effective ingredient that can be used to treat arthritis in the hands. It is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and inflammation that occurs due to arthritis. Garlic is also rich in allicin that is effective in slowing the reproduction and growth of microorganisms that can actually worsen the symptoms of arthritis.
- Eat two or three cloves of raw garlic each day will help in reducing the symptoms of arthritis in the hands.
- can also heat a couple of cloves of garlic mustard oil and apply it on the fingers and other areas of your hand where you feel the pain due to arthritis.
- massage affected areas gently for a few minutes and repeat this process several times a day to get quick relief.
The Pope is not only a rich source of carbohydrates, but also offers the best anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help in the treatment of arthritis in hands effectively.
- Extract the juice from two to three popes and then diluted with a little water.
- Drink this potato juice every day to get a good relief from arthritis in his hands.
- new medicated water can be prepared with chunks of potato. Cut medium potatoes into thin slices and put these slices in cold water during the night.
- Need casting the solution in the morning the next day and drink this water on an empty stomach. This will help relieve joint pain.
4. Honey and cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon are natural ingredients that have great healing powers. The use of these help provide relief to people suffering from arthritis in the hands. Honey is rich in antiseptic qualities and cinnamon, on the other hand, has good antioxidants and antimicrobial properties.
- The use of honey and cinnamon powder together will help relax stiff muscles of the body and provide lubrication of joints.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Take this mixture every day in the morning to reduce pain and inflammation caused by arthritis in his hands.
- produce even better results if you could take this mixture on an empty stomach every day in the morning.
5. Epsom salt
Epsom salt is rich in magnesium and help improve blood flow in your body. It will help in preventing hardening of the arteries and blood clots.
- Soaking hands in warm water mixed with Epsom salt will help revive cramps and pain in his hands.
- Add two tablespoons of Epsom salt and a handful of rock salt in hot water.
- Then add a tablespoon of oil of fennel and juniper and mixed with water.
- Soak your affected in this water for 15 to 20 minutes every day hand.
- going to get relief from pain, swelling and stiffness associated with arthritis in their hands.
Olive oil is a natural home remedy to treat inflammation in the body. Since it is rich in oleocanthal which in turn slows down the production process of pro-inflammatory cytokines COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes, it is recommended as a treatment for arthritis in the hands.
- The use of olive oil for cooking and for salad dressing will help in reducing the pain and inflammation that is obtained due to arthritis in the hands.
- can also take equal amounts of hot olive oil and lavender hot oil and mix well. Apply this mixture on your hands and massage gently on affected areas of arthritis for about 10 minutes.
- Regular application of this mixture of oil two to three times a day will help in significant reduction in pain and inflammation caused by arthritis in the hands.
7. Hot water
hot compress is one of the best methods to get rid of pain in the fingers due to arthritis. heating pad improves blood circulation to the area and relaxes muscles and joints. This helps reduce swelling and stiffness.
- soak a towel in hot water and squeeze out excess water.
- Place the towel on the hands and fingers.
- Combine hot compress with light exercise hands for better results.
8. The apple cider vinegar
This remedy helps reduce pain and stiffness associated with arthritis in their hands, as it has anti-inflammatory property and alkalizing. It can be used as an internal resource or it can be used for external application.
- drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey.
- You can also make a paste of cayenne pepper and warm apple cider vinegar and apply this hot pasta to painful joints in the hands and wrist
- Add pasta in the affected areas for 10 minutes to get relief from pain and stiffness.
9. The icepack
Cold therapy is very effective for people suffering from arthritis of the hand. Cold compresses reduce irritation and pain.
- You can use ice bags or plastic bags filled with frozen for cold therapy vegetables.
- Place the ice pack on the affected area for a few seconds and remove zone.
- Repeat this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make sure you use a thin towel between the ice pack and the skin to prevent frostbite.
Turmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory property and therefore can be used as a home remedy for arthritis . It also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that provide protection to the skin of the affected fingers from the attack of microorganisms.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric and honey to a glass of warm milk and drink every day.
- Instead can mix turmeric powder with warm water and drink every day
- You can make a thick paste of turmeric powder and mustard oil and apply this paste on the swollen fingers and rigid.
- Leave this paste on your fingers for half an hour and wash with warm water to get relief from the symptoms of arthritis in the hands.
Are you worried about your arthritis in your hands? Do you want to get relief from pain and inflammation caused in the hands due to arthritis? If you are looking for some natural home remedies that will help you get rid of arthritis in the hands or reduction of symptoms associated with arthritis in their hands, then you can try some of the home remedies mentioned above to enjoy the reduction pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.