The increased levels of air pollution and population growth has increased the number of patients with asthma and allergies in India. According to WHO, India has an estimated 15-20 million asthmatics today, further adding to the economic burden of the country. This is also taking a toll on children, with more than 10% of children 5-11 years of age are affected by the disease in the country.
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways and is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing and chest tightness. An asthma attack occurs when a person with the condition comes into contact with a “trigger asthma ‘, such as allergens, smoke and chemicals. This causes inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, reducing pathways respiratory and thereby reducing the flow of air to the lungs. with the emergence of the disease has also increased the number of asthma specialists provide care and careful treatment in the country.
Its surroundings are important
people who work in the sweltering atmosphere or where they are constantly exposed to fumes, gases, dust or hazardous chemicals to be more likely to develop asthma . According to a report, the working conditions are responsible for 11% of asthma cases worldwide. About 70% of asthmatics also have other allergies. the pollen season induces maximum cases of attacks asthma in patients due to allergen exposure outdoors.
A seemingly trivial disease, epidemic claims many lives every year, almost all of which are avoidable. Most people do not consult a specialist Asthma for your condition and end up exacerbating the problem. Although there is no cure for asthma has been discovered so far, but with awareness and a little more care, a person with asthma can lead normal, healthy and long life.
meet with Asthma specialist in your area will help you better understand your condition and reach a treatment to control asthma symptoms.
Control of asthma in daily life
vehicles filled highways and increasing industry waste are some of the important factors adding to pollution, and there is much to be you can do about it. However, taking appropriate precautions can reduce the risk of allergies and symptoms of patients with asthma. The severity and triggers for each person are different. So you should consult a specialist asthma to obtain a proper diagnosis of your condition and know what your triggers are. Minimize exposure to triggers, along with the following practical steps will help keep asthma under control.
1) Understand your symptoms and triggers: Consult a Asthma specialist to know what things you are allergic to, so you can keep a distance from it. They live in cities, it is difficult for most of us to be separated from pollution. But that covers the face or wearing a mask the effect of pollutants and dust will be reduced. Also, avoid direct contact with chemicals, pollen or other things that cause attacks.
2) Take appropriate medication for Asthma: Consult your Asthma specialist what is necessary to regularly take medication. Always have your inhaler handy in case of sudden attacks and add your doctor’s contact number on your phone for emergency purposes.
3) Keep your family and friends informed :. Implying his family about his condition to keep them well informed and prepared for emergencies. They also keep abreast of their allergic reactions to certain things. Check for asthma triggers at home they are eliminated.
4) keep stress and anxiety at bay: Stress and anxiety also increases asthma symptoms in patients. Try to meditate every day to lower stress levels and keep asthma under control. Ask your specialist how to reduce stress.
5) Regular exercise :. To maintain good health and improve lung function, it is advisable that patients with asthma to exercise every day. Create a daily routine that involves less physical effort and small intervals with your doctor. Exercise will help reduce asthma symptoms.
For proper management of their asthma make a treatment plan with your doctor. To find a asthma specialist in Mumbai Chennai Delhi Bangalore Hyderabad or any other city in India, log on www.lybrate.com