is a rare sighting seeing a fully grown avocado tree, if you are not living in Central America or Mexico (California and Florida the US). Many people have tried to return to replace in their own environment and failed. However, this is a reason to try harder and not give up.
avocado tree can grow to 70 feet tall, with leaves that are about 5 to 10 inches long. avocado tree has small greenish-yellow flowers. The pear-shaped fruit is approximately 4 to 9 inches long, weighing between 4 oz to 34 oz, and has 1 single seed in the center.
However, you should not worry about height. Your avocado will not grow as tall.
How to grow avocados from seed or pit
The trick to grow avocado tree is getting a hole of a ripe avocado. There are some stores that will put your overripe avocados for sale, so it is more available to you.
Follow the instructions below on how to grow avocado tree.
- Remove the seeds and wash all fruit remains green.
- seed dubbing Dry gently with a paper towel.
- stab seed lightly with 3 toothpicks around 1/3 of the height.
- place the seed or pit avocado with the point in a container filled with warm water.
- Place the jar in a warm place, but be careful not to place it under direct sunlight.
- Check the water level regularly and make sure that at least 1 inch of the pit is in the water.
- In four to six weeks, the pot is split. Stem spring out of the top and the roots begin to grow at the bottom. If you have not noticed a change in the well so far, toss well go out and buy another avocado and start again.
- When the stem grows to 6 inches can be cut up to 3 only to strengthen the stem. As time passes, there will be more leaves and roots.
- After 3 weeks are needed to plant the seedling avocado. Grab a medium sized pot put some potting soil enriched to about an inch from the top. Make a hole in the center, pushing the ground with his finger and put the well. Make sure that the top remains above ground level and the stem is straight up.
Irrigation is more or less normal. Just make sure the ground is wet but not muddy.
As the avocado loves sunlight, it would be smart to put in near a window. This will provide the sunlight needed.
Just to recap make sure you take care of the following:
- The tree will grow larger if exposed to more sunlight.
- slightly Water regularly, making sure the soil is moist.
- If the leaves are getting yellow, you are overwatering.
- If the leaves are getting brownish and fry at the tips, the soil has accumulated too much salt. To solve this problem, let the water run freely in the pot and drain.
When the avocado tree reaches the height of about 12 inches tall, cut it down to 6 inches. This will cause the tree to grow sideways and have more leaves.
Shortly after that you should have a beautiful avocado tree leaf. The tree should bear fruit in about 7 to 15 years.
As room is a variety of the plant, the fruits will not be exactly the same. They can vary in size and flavor.