Stretch marks are visible lines on the surface of the skin, with a off-color hue. Stretch marks are mainly in the abdominal wall, but can also occur on the thighs, arms, buttocks and breasts.
Sometimes stretch marks can cover large areas of the body. While pregnancy is the main cause behind stretch marks, other reasons may be gain or sudden weight loss rapid growth heredity factors stress and changes in physical conditions .
The skin consists of three main layers: the epidermis (the outer layer), dermis (middle layer) and subcutaneous or hypodermic (the deepest layer). Stretch marks are formed in the dermis, or middle layer of the skin when the connective tissue is “stretched” beyond the power of its flexibility due to rapid expansion or contraction of the skin.
As the skin stretches, collagen is weakened and normal production cycle is interrupted and damaged. Ultimately, fine scars results under the top layer of the skin. Initially, brands have a pink or red, but eventually appears a thin silver line on the surface of the skin and born a groove.
Stretch marks appear on the surface of the skin when someone grows quickly, or gain weight quickly.
Stretch marks can make you feel embarrassed and uncomfortable about their appearance. Fortunately, there are several natural ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil, which is used in treating a variety of skin problems such as wrinkles, age spots, moles, dark spots , fine lines and pimples, can also be used to get rid of stretch marks.
- Rub some castor oil for stretch marks and gently massage the area in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a soft cloth, cotton. Using a hot water bottle or a heating pad, apply some heat to the affected area for at least half an hour zone.
- Repeat this process daily for a minimum of one month to notice positive results.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. Its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways to apply it.
- can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected area of the skin, leave for 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with warm water.
- Another option is to make a mixture with a quarter cup of aloe vera gel, oil 10 capsules of vitamin E and five oil capsules of vitamin A. Rub this mixture over the skin until completely absorbed. Repeat this process daily.
3. The egg whites
Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.
- Whisk two eggs lightly with a fork. Clean the area of the affected skin with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
- Allow egg whites dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
- Finally, apply a little olive oil on the skin to keep it hydrated.
- Repeat daily for at least two weeks and see the positive results.
4. Lemon Juice
Another simple way to reduce stretch marks is the use of lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne and other scars.
- Rub fresh lemon juice gently on the grooves using a circular motion. Allow the lemon juice into the skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on stretch marks.
natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate the skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with a little almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well and apply on stretch marks and other skin areas.
- gently rub the mixture on the skin for a few minutes every day before taking a shower.
- Do this for a month or so and see your stretch marks become lighter.
6. Potato juice
potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that stimulate the growth and restoration of skin cells.
- cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
- Take one of the pieces of potato and rub it gently into the grooves for a few minutes. Make sure the potato starch covers the affected area.
- Let the potato juice dry for a while and then wash off with warm water.
alfalfa leaves contain eight essential amino acids that are good for the overall health of the skin. They are also rich in protein and vitamins E and K, which help nourish the skin.
- Mix some power of alfalfa with a few drops of chamomile oil to form a smooth paste.
- massage the paste into the affected area two to three times a day.
- repeat this day for a few weeks and you will notice a big improvement.
8. The cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is also very beneficial in the treatment of stretch marks. It is an excellent natural moisturizer, which helps nourish the skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- should apply cocoa butter to the affected area at least twice a day for a few months.
- Another option is to make a mix using half a cup of cocoa butter, a tablespoon of oil, wheat germ, two teaspoons of wax grated bee and a teaspoon each of vitamin E oil and apricot kernel. This mixture is heated until the wax melts. You can store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator and apply it to your stretch marks two to three times a day. This mixture will make more hydrated and smooth skin.
Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks.
- little warm massage oil extra virgin olive oil in the area of the affected skin. This will improve blood circulation and reduce stretch marks greatly.
- is left for half an hour for vitamins A, D and E present in the oil are absorbed by the skin.
you can also mix olive oil with vinegar and water and use it as a night cream. This will keep your skin stay hydrated and exfoliate the skin.
Keeping the body well hydrated helps protect the skin from many types of problems and also helps in detoxification. It also helps to keep the skin supple and restores elasticity.
Try to drink one or two glasses of water several times during a day. Experts say that drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day is the best way to keep the body hydrated.
It will also make your skin smooth and help maintain elasticity. It is advisable to avoid coffee, tea or soft drink however.
These natural remedies can help fade stretch marks, but can not eliminate them completely. You can always see your doctor if you are very concerned about the appearance of stretch marks on the skin.