Product links in this post are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site! Please know I never personally recommend any product would not use in my own family.
Anyone who knows me personally knows I’m not saying that. One of the biggest reasons why Fueled Generation began breeding was to show parents that is feasible to feed children in a fun way, nourished, so real food. And these children are worthy of nutrient dense food, real food that will boost their busy day of learning.
I think we all agree at this point that what goes into the bodies of our children for meal time affects how well they can concentrate on school .
I hope to show that packing lunch can compete with otherwise unwanted your children can see around the lunch table at school. When packing to carry so delicious in fresh great lunch, which will be on board gear. let them help. no matter how old they are. If you are old enough to be in school, they are old enough to help distinguish a piece of fruit for lunch old wash a thermos, choose what they want from the bag of cut vegetables, take a frozen soup out of the freezer to thaw. You have the idea. Make them a part of it.
So this is what I’m thinking about lunch for gear and packing routine for my kindergarten this year. There are so many options out there great lunch gears -. this is what fits my family and our work at lunch If you follow my series #toddlerlunch #preschoollunch in Instagram or Facebook at all, you know that about half of the week, the girls have a kind of soup and / or leftovers from dinner, and half of the week you’ll get odds and ends what some might call a “cold lunch”.
For our style meals that needed a couple of options “container hot” for soups and dinners spare! – who were also leakproof also necessary containers that could well contain random items cold lunch and be leakproof (ie – yogurt). Stainless steel and durable wanted -. I do not want to be buying new equipment every year lunch
And, most importantly, my daughter has to be able to handle all lunch itself rigs
- Kid Basix Safe Sporter stainless steel bottle water :: My main seller in this case was easier to clean. There are no small parts removed and washed separately. Easy to use spout, leakproof, and fun colors to choose from. Actually we have been using these for travel water for a while and I really like. I let Chloe pick a couple of new colors, so make sure you have enough for everyone since the baby is starting to use them too.
- Steeltainer proof stainless steel deep container leaks :: This container is large enough to accommodate a good number of “junk” together , but not so big that does not fit into your lunch bag. she will eat a salad well and is spacious enough for chicken and topped with enough space for her to blend into her dressing table without spilling. I have 2 of these because I can see it being used daily and re-cluttered home and not reach the dishes always immediately! Leak proof tested by me! And my 5 year old can manipulate the upper part itself.
- Steeltainer stainless steel container Snack -set (3) :: This is a set of 3 containers to be used for yogurt or yogurt and granola, or for the smallest “junk” that could go with your soup as a piece of cheese and some dried fruit or a bagel and butter. leakproof tested by me and my 5 year old can manipulate the upper part itself.
- Brand stainless steel thermos FUNtainer thermos (12 oz) :: This is the container planing to hot soup or smaller as mac and cheese or homemade refried beans portion. It takes place over a cup with some room to spare spill. Leak proof tested by me and a cup of hot soup is kept for about a day! fun colors and some images charector popular too! My 5 year old can manipulate the top of it as well.
- Brand stainless steel thermos food container (16oz) :: This is a larger food thermos dinner leftovers like a stir fry with rice, or vegetable bowls of rice, spaghetti, meatballs and gravy, etc. there will probably be a piece of fruit to go with dinner leftovers so the largest container helps keep a larger portion, as it is more or less the entire lunch. a cup and a half of food with enough room left over for revolver is held. Leak proof tested by me and kept my hot dinner for a day! There are some fun colors to choose from too! My 5 year old can manipulate the top of it as well.
- stainless steel Condiment Set (3) :: This will be for sauces such as peanut butter, guacamole , sour cream, salad dressings or as Ranch to wet vegetarian, or Caesar for a salad. I probably packing some normal chicken here and there and send along some barbecue sauce , mustard, ketchup or that. leakproof tested by me and my 5 year old, you can manipulate the top.
- END Lunch Bag Land :: really I wanted a bag of food that does not overwhelm all my daughter’s backpack, but also large enough to hold both their morning snack and lunch. I was very impressed with how much I could fit in the bag comfortably including space for your water bottle.
Here’s the deal. I am * not * a person in the morning. is enough that I have to have it (and sisters!) In the car before 8:00 bad (EEK!). I do not want to be packing lunches in the morning.
My plan is to pack your lunch when I am packing my husband’s meal for the next day. Usually after dinner (or sometimes this happens after the girls go to bed -! We can say when the baby witches), I pack the leftovers of meals my husband’s work (breakfast , lunch, and dinner) for the next day in his Travel crockpot that can heat in the work itself. I have twice most of the containers mentioned above for my daughter, so I can only pull clean and pack lunch Chloe right there, and she can help you along the way. That way if I did not come to clean your clothes lunch that day, we have to make that extra step if the night is busy. Anything that needs to be heated by a heat get rapid heating through a pot on the stove while I’m making breakfast the next morning. Thermos keep hot commodity for almost a whole day!
frozen biscuits, energy bars, nuts and crunchy nuts can easily be thawed by lunchtime. Other “odds and ends” can only be packaged right there while I’m cleaning the dinner -. And she can help with those too
If you are not yet following, jump in my Instagram or my Facebook page and literally see the plates are my girls eat almost every day. Hashtag #raisinggenerationnourished and there are many ideas there. ‘ll be taking pictures of Chloe lunches at night, when I pack up and will most likely be starting a new series of packing school lunch with that.
This is definitely not all inclusive. And unfortunately, for your viewing pleasure, I’m not the mother cutting all in forms or everyday super cute designs. might use a cutter hallween pumpkin or something, but that is still cut close to me! If you like it – go for it! And if this is not your style lunch, that’s fine! Find what fits for your family!
- dinner leftovers :: Ok, so if you are going to go through the steps to make a real dinner, why not double while you have the kitchen and a mess, and then pack the leftovers for lunch the next day. Zero thought! mind takes a little switcheroo to make it at first, but you get the hang of it quickly.
- Crockpot Chicken :: takes a few minutes get a couple of whole chickens in the crockpot and the meat can be shredded and frozen to quickly roll for sandwiches, salads, wraps, soups, etc. Brand chicken nuggets for dinner one night and pack the rest for lunch with some barbecue sauce – immersed in the school the next day
- Salad :: Get some boiled eggs, cheeses exists in raw, shredded chicken from above … and garnishes most important delicious! This post has popular 5 dressings Most children absolutely consumed, and this post has an incredible Caesar dressing that my two girls eating straight from the spoon.
- Leftover pizza night !
- soup :: So many options here, and most of these soups are fast enough to do – you can make a double batch on the weekend and freeze or may the rest.
- “Odds & Ends” ::
- fruit. I usually get a piece of fruit in my day to bring girls – from soups or salads or leftovers from dinner that receive a lot of vegetables. I’m thinking about the packaging of any variety of fruits and just keep a very simple, without preparation sort of thing. Throwing an apple or a banana, applesauce unfreeze some do, get some nuts from our summer harvest.
- sandwiches or wraps. Just watch the ingredients. Since we are a house free of gluten and GF bread is not in our budget, pancakes use for “bread” a lot and use natural peanut or almond butter and jam , cheese cream and jam or honey and Sunbutter.
- whole, natural yogurt or raw cheese -. If you are free dairy can make yogurt coconut milk
- Trail mix with crunchy nuts and nuts
- Cut up sticks vegetables Rancho dip or humus.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Guacamole either safe storage of buy chips or make an omelette rice and quick cooking in butter – like chips
- refried beans and sour cream
- energy bars Lara Lara bars or home bars, bars species or facts similar house
- banana Bread
- sweet potato muffins
I can not wait for the experience worthwhile question.
To know that their children are fed and nourished by a full rest day learning.
To know is teaching them the importance of this …
Cause you know … who are watching . They are learning. Teaching them what amount put into their bodies is very valuable.
talk to me! Tell me your plans packing school lunch! Obviously I am in a season younger – those of you the real parents of food seasoned with older children tell us how the routine of packing lunch goes for you
This post has been shared in fat Tuesday !