The perfect sweet and sour side to complement Thanksgiving turkey day – in about 10 minutes of cooking
Although a child used to take a little cranberry sauce with some turkey and it was just heaven together! Sweet, salty, sour, and delicious all in one bite!
did grow in canned blueberries, and a number of years I decided I wanted to learn how to make sauce “real” cranberry. Because let’s face it … our ancestors had not been busting out the can of cranberry sauce to their great food!
I thought I would lose the texture “gelatin” canned blueberries, but … oh! I was wrong! This was even better! Fresh blueberries are so delicious -. No one, high fructose corn syrup false gelatin, but there is a depth of flavor to real blueberries using
Making homemade cranberry sauce there is nothing easier . Just a quick cook on the stove and this Thanksgiving dish can be prepared days before the big meal. This is the lot do for our large family gathering for Thanksgiving – it has a lot. If you have a smaller meeting definitely the eastern half.
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print made in house sauce cranberry Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 8 cups fresh blueberries (I get the big bags at Costco – if you are using smaller 12oz bags of a grocery store, 2 bags are needed)
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup cane organic pure sugar or coconut sugar (I get organic sugar in bulk Costco.)
- ¾ cup raw honey (You can exchange more sugar to this if you leave it out. I have my raw honey from a local farm in full, but this is a good brand also . )
- put cranberries, water and sugar in a high large skillet, walls, or in a soup pot and bring to a simmer.
- under simmered cranberry mixture, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. You will hear cranberries begin to appear and can crush some with the back of wooden spoon, if you want. The mixture will begin to thicken after about 10 minutes.
- Add honey to cranberry sauce, combine and put out the fire. Cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
For more ideas real food dinner you can read my chart dinner ideas on Pinterest !
More real food recipes that you might like:
Homemade Gluten Filling