Now, if you’ve known me personally for any length of time, you know I’m a girl when it comes to vanilla ice cream.
Maybe, but * not * when it does as a delicious madness homemade vanilla !
There never was a chocolate ice cream fan but I do not think I’d ever done that right the way! Store-bought chocolate ice cream does not even compare with homemade when done the right way. I think you can say the same for most recipes -. when fresh actual ingredients used, only going to have a more superior finish
‘ve been working on my ingredients and proportions for this ice cream chocolate in recent summers, and last in my daughter’s birthday year, his request chocolate birthday cake and chocolate ice cream was my push to make it right. When you are feeding others you want to be perfect!
I fell in love with chocolate ice cream, and since my husband and I decided we needed some chocolate in our lives a couple of weeks ago, it seemed the perfect time to share this rich piece moment, creamy sky chocolate with you!
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Only I have a simple ice cream maker I’ve had for literally years – it works so great and I love it! But I have my eye on this largest ice cream manufacturer so you can make the volume birthday party once instead of 2 lots size.
Print Chocolate Cream Homemade Ice Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 3 cups cream whole (. at least not ultra-pasteurized. If you are not free use of dairy products preferably in raw coconut milk .)
- ¾ cup raw cocoa
- ½ cup raw honey (I have mine a farmer in the area, but if you do not have access THIS is a good brand)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (if you want a “salty chocolate” feel add another teaspoon ¼ or less!)
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 vodka TB (This is optional, but remains the frozen rock hard freeze. If you choose to leave it out, just put the ice cream on the table for a while before trying to pick up and serve.)
- mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and let stand and marry flavors in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Shake ice cream mix, transfer the ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. My ice cream maker is stirred for 30 minutes.
- Save your whipped ice cream in the freezer.
More real food recipes that you might like: