Ten effective ways to get rid of your dark circles naturally (Representative Image) | & nbspPhoto Credit: & nbspGetty Images
- Lack of sleep is considered one of the main factors responsible for dark circles.
- Dark circles can heal easily if you look for the real cause and take proper care
- Certain home remedies can easily help you get rid of these dark patches under the eyes
New Delhi: Dark circles are something that develops under our eyes and almost every 6 in 10 people have passed it. The black patch usually makes us look older than our age and sometimes even makes us look uglier. As the skin around our eyes is quite sensitive, the small capillaries allow the circulation of blood to our eyes. Sometimes there is a leak that leads to the accumulation of blood and makes it look like a bruise that causes dark circles.
One can easily get rid of dark circles by knowing the real cause, recognizing the symptoms and determining a treatment regimen.
Causes of dark circles
All the causes of dark circles have been listed below:
1. Insomnia: Lack of sleep is considered the main cause of dark circles. Whether it's concerns, stress, parties, health problems or work schedules … if you lose sleep and stress your mind and body, it will show up under your eyes.
2. Extreme fatigue and allergies: When your body screams for rest and relief or when your internal system is fighting allergies, the battle can manifest itself in the face, especially in the delicate skin under the eyes.
3. Bad hydration: Inadequate water intake can also be seen in those dark patches torn around the eyes.
4. Stress: This 21st century monster is something that does not allow an individual to sleep properly and obstructs the body's attempt to repair wear, leading to dark circles. Sometimes, skin infections such as eczema and contact dermatitis can cause dark spots under the eyes.
5. Excessive sun exposure: Just because Indian skin is blessed with abundant melanin (which by the way also greatly protects the risks of skin cancer), we take tropical sunlight for granted. Too much sun exposure affects our skin, as it also causes dark circles.
6. Genetic: It is in your genes, they say. It is not uncommon to find that a large number of members of a certain family seem to have dark circles around the eyes.
7. The natural aging process: As one ages, the delicate skin around the eyes also ages and dark circles appear.
8. A hidden ailment: Without our knowledge, sometimes there are ailments or health problems that we may suffer. If dark circles persist despite none of the above, you should consult with your doctor if there may be a health problem that you do not know about and that needs treatment.
Home remedies for dark circles
If you want to get rid of that black patch under your eyes without the use of a base or concealer, you can definitely do it. The black patch under the eyes can be easily cured if you follow these home remedies, in consultation with your doctor. In all cases, we warn you not to allow material to enter the eyes.
Mix a tablespoon of tomato juice with lemon juice and apply it under the eyes. For best results, this method should be followed twice a day as the tomato has skin lightening properties.
2. Cold tea bags
The cold tea bags have also proven to be a success in this case, as they stimulate blood circulation. Soak the tea bags in water and store them in the refrigerator. These tea bags cooled with that moisture element still in them can then be applied to the closed eyes.
Wash a potato, grate and squeeze the starch juice. Use a cotton swab to apply this juice extracted around the eyes. This will effectively lighten dark circles.
Apply slices of round slit cucumber around the eyes. This cools the eyes, refreshes and also brightens the dark patches.
5. aloe vera gel
Applying aloe vera gel on dark circles and massaging it can relieve tired skin. Apply aloe vera gel and leave it applied to the eyes overnight and be sure to rinse it in the morning.
6. rose water
Soaking rose water in a cotton ball and applying it around our eyes for ten minutes can also be useful. The method should be followed for almost 2-3 weeks.
7. lemon juice
Lemon juice should be applied like rose water. Lemon juice should be soaked in cotton balls and then applied in dark circles. The process must be followed twice a day. Sometimes, a patch test should be done before application, since lemon juice can sometimes cause irritation. Also, be careful not to allow any to enter the eyes.
Yogurt helps eliminate pigmentation and, therefore, reduce dark circles. Apply 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice in yogurt and apply it on the skin and leave it for 20 minutes. The mixture should be rinsed.
Honey can be applied once a day in dark circles. Honey and lemon juice should be mixed to obtain the best results.
10 mint leaves
Mint leaves can be easily mixed at home and can be applied in dark circles. Peppermint leaves turn out to be effective as they help in proper blood circulation and, therefore, rejuvenate our skin.
Maintaining a lifestyle that includes adequate sleep, a balanced diet and good water intake can help prevent dark circles.
(Disclaimer: The advice and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or professional health care provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.) .