is its garden filled with basil? Not sure what to do with it?
Here are some suggestions …
Hang it I know that. Once dry, it can be used to make tea! It’s so delicious and very good for you!
can also be stored in a jar and put it in your spice cabinet to add to any of your favorite dishes. While fresh basil is usually the way to go, in the winter months, when there is no fresh basil on hand, use dried basil from your own garden!
Use basil to calm the stomach. is believed to have a calming effect on the stomach and 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried leaf in water can often help relieve indigestion and ease the feeling of satiety basil.
Basil leaf I can use to help alleviate coughs and colds . Chewing fresh to calm cough or make a soothing tea dried basil to help calm the disease leaves.
Or you can make PESTO !! Pull all the leaves and put in a food processor / blender to cut it into pieces. They can be stored in the freezer ziploc bags or put the mixture into ice cube trays. When you are ready to make pesto or simply break off a piece out of a “bucket” of pesto. Idea of a busy week night dinner easy!
- fresh basil leaves, packed
- freshly grated Parmesan or Romano
- olive oil extra virgin
- pinions (sub can sunflower seeds or chopped nuts)
- cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Note: basil pesto darkens when exposed to air, so the store, if you have only enough for a meal or 2, covered with plastic wrap makes the plastic is in contact with the top of the pesto and not allowing air in the mixture. The pesto will stay greener longer that way.
Add pesto to everything from eggs, meats, sliced fresh cucumber and of course … .pasta!
Some more uses for basil:
- Yes bitten or stung by an insect , munching a basil leaf and application of the sting will help relieve pain and remove the poison.
- It is believed that basil can help blood sugar level if consumed regularly and drank as a juice or tea.
- stress reduction! Adding 2 cups of strong tea basil leaf to a warm bath will help reduce stress and help you relax.
- Use as facial steam for headaches . A facial steam Dried basil can help relieve a headache. Add a tablespoon of dried basil 2 cups boiling water in a large pot. Lean over the pot, cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam until the headache begins to decrease.