By now everyone probably knows I’m a big proponent of making recipes that have a indulgent taste, but they are healthy and free of guilt. You might remember my zucchini recipes noodles and my spaghetti squash pasta , both of which are two go-to healthy recipes in an average week night. Today, I’m excited to share another culinary creation that is healthier than its flavor. Intro: zucchini pizza bites …
Let’s be honest: Who does not love a slice of pizza from time to time? I personally love, but not the best dish to have as a staple in their diet. However, if you take away the doughy crust and fatty dressings and replace them with a base of vegetables and fresh ingredients, you have yourself a bite of pizza with flavor that does not lower your healthy eating in a row. And that’s exactly what these bites are the zucchini pizza! It can be done with whatever toppings you want, but these three are my favorites. Without further ado, here’s how to make ham bites-arugula, truffle mushroom and tomato-basil zucchini pizza …
healthy zucchini pizza , Fragments 3 ways
- 2 courgettes, but in small rounds
- 1 package grated
- 1 package grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce
- mushrooms, diced
- 1 package fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- truffle salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cut both of his courgettes into slices. Place them on a baking sheet.
2. Spread a small spoonful of marinara sauce in each round zucchini. Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
3. Now the time coverage: We made one with ham and arugula; one with mushrooms, a pinch of Parmesan cheese, salt and truffle; and one with a small slice of tomato and a basil leaf. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper. ( Note: Remember that every bite is small, so you can way to cut your ingredients into small pieces to fit each round zucchini.)
4. Adjust preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden at the edges. Then enjoy!
How simple is that? It is difficult to write down how delicious and satisfying these small bites are. They are the perfect snack for when you’re having your girlfriends over for a glass of wine. When we did, we were originally intended to make it an appetizer, but were so good that we made a second batch and had as our dinner!
What ingredients will put in their zucchini bites pizza?
Let me know in the comments below.