Ingrown toenails can cause great pain, and constant use of the toes during the day, worsen the condition.
Namely, an ingrown toenail, or onicocriptosis, is a common theme in nails that can occur at any age. This painful condition can become infected if proper care is not taken. However, some studies suggest a slight increase in man-to-woman, especially in the group 14-25 years old relationship.
This problem may be the result of several reasons, including trauma, cutting technique inadequate nail, anatomical factors such as thickening of the nail plate, a toenail in a pincer an exostosis footwear subungueal tight, pressure-digit stop due to a valgusor valgus deformities of the lesser toes, the presence or use of isotretinoin in the treatment of severe acne.
classification ingrown divides them into three groups: mild (stage 1), moderate (stage 2) and severe (stage 3). In the first group, the patient may experience nail sometimes swelling, pain with pressure, erythema and edema.
Mild cases present with drainage, increased inflammation, infection and ulceration of the nail fold. However, in more complicated cases, the patient may experience chronic inflammation, granulation, and marked hypertrophy of nails times.
However, in all cases, it leads to redness, pain, swelling, and even infection, and is usually in the big toe. In almost all cases, EXCRUCIATE cause pain and can be easily infected if not treated on time.
This problem can be treated at home, but if it causes excruciating pain and continued, should visit your doctor in order to find the easiest and fastest way to treat and prevent further complications.
The following symptoms indicate that you have an ingrown toenail:
- Pain and tenderness at the toe along the side or both sides of the nail
- Swelling of your toe around the nail
- Redness around the nail
- the infection of the tissue around the nail
again, these are some of the predominant causes of an ingrown toenail:
- toenails cut too short or not straight
- deformities of the toes
- Having nails curved abnormally
- subungual exostosis (stone fruit tip toe)
- the use of isotretinoin in the treatment of severe acne
- shoes that crowd the toenails, such as the heels or shoes too tight
According to experts, the times wider and flatter nail increase the risk of ingrown toenails. Therefore, a study in 46 people showed that there were no differences in the anatomical shape of the toenails in patients who have or do not have ingrown toenails.
The increased perspiration in adolescence leads to smoothing the nails, which are prone to division, and therefore cause nail spicules that can pierce the skin side.
These spicules can become a chronic problem in the elderly, due to careful nails reduction, reduced mobility, and vision problems. Moreover, the nails thicken with age, so they are difficult to cut, and often become infected, painful and embodied.
However, an ingrown toenail can become because of its thickness or naturally.
In the case of diabetes or any other disease that leads to poor blood circulation in the feet, you should know that you are at increased risk of developing ingrown toenails. If left untreated, ingrown toenail can cause an infection in the underlying bone and cause severe bone infection.
Note that in the case of a difficult to heal an open sore (foot ulcer), you should probably consider surgery, in order to avoid decay and tissue death (gangrene), which is the result of interrupted blood flow somewhere in the body.
Fortunately, there are some natural ways to solve this problem without having to visit a doctor, and this article will present the most effective of them. In the case of the second or third stage, many resort to surgery, but not necessary.
– Soak or wash the foot
In order to clean the area and get rid of bacteria, you should soak your feet in warm soapy water 3 -4 times daily. In order to enhance the effect, you can add Epsom salts in order to soften the skin and relieve drawing toenail skin.
– Wash apple vinegar
This is one of the most effective treatments for this problem. Add ¼ cup apple cider vinegar to warm water and soak your feet in it. Moreover, you can apply this solution to the affected area. Thus, bacterial infections will be avoided, but it will not fight an existing one.
– Wash with soap Castilla
should wash your feet with soap and water twice a day. For best effect, choose Castile soap because it contains pure, natural ingredients. Also, keep feet clean and dry.
– floss under the nail
Placing dental silk or cotton tufts under the affected nail, which will move to grow in the right direction. You should make an attempt to lift the corner that is digging into the skin.
Then, roll a small piece of cotton or gauze between fingers in order to make a wick or small roll, and let between the skin and the nail.
In order to avoid a burning sensation, you should choose unflavored dental floss. Then use it to lift the nail enough to make it grow out and away from the skin time. Although this may cause a nuisance, it is an effective way to solve the problem.
You can also try to push the parent roll whenever soak your feet on a daily basis. Moreover, replacing the daily roll, and be patient to allow the nail to grow out, because you will have a couple of weeks. Sometimes, you may have to cut the nail a little in order to push it below.
– Essential oils to relieve pain and inflammation
Mix some carrier oil, such as coconut oil, with clove, rosemary, lavender, melaleuca (tea tree oil), cypress, to prepare your own essential oil. Apply to the affected area, and naturally treat and create a natural environment for the healing process.
As we have said, sometimes have to cut the ingrown nail, which can be a difficult procedure. Here’s how to do it carefully and easily:
- Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salts or Castile soap for 20 minutes. This will soften the toenail and treatment of inflammation.
- Then gently push again inflamed skin with clean hands. No more swelling pressures allowed.
- Then cut the nail straight line from the edges. Cut nails side, not from the center.
- Then place a piece of cotton between the skin and the nail, in order to prevent it happening again, and to give another direction to grow.
- Now you must apply the recipe below in the affected place and secure it with a bandage.
- should avoid socks and shoes if possible for some time to aid healing, and wear flip-flops or shoes that do not allow the entry of dirt on it.
- Change cotton on a daily basis, or even twice a day, in order to prevent infection.
The following homemade ointment may help treat ingrown toenails, and to relieve pain and infection. Apply directly to the affected area, and will accelerate the healing process.
- 2 ounces coconut oil
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- 2 ounces of Aloe gel Vera
- oregano oil 1 drop
- 5 drops of oil tea tree
- 2 drops of peppermint oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus oil
Preparation and use:
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar and seal. Mix well with a small spoon.
- Apply on a clean dry nail foot, and let it air dry. Use flip-flops.
- You can also dress and shoes that fit loose set.
- Repeat 2-3 times during the day. Then wash your hands and avoid contact with eyes. Be very careful when using oregano oil as it is a natural antibiotic, but it can cause a burning sensation.
Avoid high heels and tight shoes
These types of shoes should be avoided in the case of ingrown toenails, as pressure is applied additional to the affected area, and therefore hinder the healing process. However, it is beneficial to wear sandals, allowing the nail to breathe freely and heal.
Additional Tags for this post:
Walmart ingrown toenail |