This is a very bold to say to someone who uses the soup in the kitchen as much as I return!
Every time I see it on a menu in a restaurant that is the first thing I asked. I really worked hard for this taste exactly like some of the best restaurants I’ve been , and it really is that good.
I love this soup to bring a new mom or someone who has been ill. It is overflowing with nutritious, gelatin full beef bone broth , and is very relaxing.
This is a great day to be stocked in the freezer – not only big pack in school thermo or work crockpot travel , but is my favorite soup to have when I do not feel good. is simple enough to just take, but tasty enough to enjoy.
Print French onion soup Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished. com Ingredients
- 5 medium onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fat used for cooking (butter, coconut oil, tallow, lard)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts broth beef bone (preferably homemade for more food See section gives tips on how to make your own in a slow cooker – just super)
- 1 ½ cup red wine (I’m not a picky on brands, but do not cook with anything you do not drink a glass also try sticking to organic to avoid pesticides.)
- sea salt / pepper to taste
- melt the nice fat in a large pot and add the onion with a few large pinches sea salt, and cook on low to medium / 2- slow for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (Usually I go through the stove every 15-20 minutes and give it a quick stir).
- Add garlic, increase the heat until slightly, and cook for a minute or two.
- Add bone broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- above grated cheese or raw fresh sour cream. If you are free of dairy you can try the goat cheese.
- Here it is how to make your own delicious ox bones broth ! There is nothing like homemade, and is one of the reasons this soup is so amazing!
- pack in school thermo or work crockpot Travel to lunch! This may seem like a soup adult, but my girls inhale it, usually asking for seconds. baby Caitlyn (1 year old) just had his first experience a month ago and loved it! Get a large piece of raw cheese in there! Who does not love the goopy cheese on anything ?!
- The alcohol in wine cook was not so I do not mind serving this to my children, but if you are concerned, or not possible for fermented products just add another cup or 2 beef bone broth. I love wine brings wealth, but a good soup bone to do the same.
- I love these storage containers in the freezer . I usually double batch this recipe to put away in my freezer. Makes it easy to remove when I do not feel well and need something to drink, and also makes it easier for packing lunch!