If you have your own herb garden sometimes is likely to wonder what to do with all those herbs when your garden is full of them. You can not use all of them at once and do not want to throw away, so what’s the best way to keep them fresh and ready for your next meal?
There are a number of ways you can preserve your herbs, but some of them are complicated, some all the flavors are not preserved and just do not know what to do. Well, we’ve tried a couple of methods and we can say with assurance that the best way to keep your herbs is to freeze
how to freeze fresh herbs?
Freeze your herbs is the easiest way to preserve the harvest, keep the flavor and let you have fresh, tasty, nutritious homemade ready for use throughout the year grown herbs. Here’s how you can do:
- The first thing you need to wash the herbs thoroughly so that you get rid of all the dirt, dust and insects that may be on them. You do not want to freeze a mistake beside his parsley, we are confident.
- Finely chop the herbs and with a small spoon to transfer them to a tray of ice cubes. Make sure they are distributed evenly and tightly packed.
- fill the ice cube tray with water slowly so that the herbs are not out.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 12-24 hours.
- Pop ice cubes herbal and transfer tray in freezer bags, labeling each so you know which is which.
- When you need any of the herbs simply drop the bucket at any meal being prepared and enjoy the taste
- These ice cubes herbal can be a good addition to your cocktails, so their appearance and tasted amazing! Just what I needed for your next summer party!
This method of preserving herbs works best with herbs like parsley, mint, basil, chives and dill. For woody herbs like rosemary and thyme waiting for the next article!