The best foods to clear a sinus infection
- drinks hot :. For example tea or any other hot drink they are promoting the movement of mucus through their breasts moistening the mucous membranes
- Foods rich in vitamin A, C, E and Zinc: Vitamin a is also known as membrane conditioner as it helps build healthy mucous membranes in the throat and head. Yellowand orange vegetables, fruits are rich sources of vitamin A, green leafy vegetablesand tomatoes.Citric fruits like lemon, grapefruit are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin E is found in vegetable oils, seeds nutsand while zinc is in poultry, seafood and red meat.
- Garlic: When crushed releases an enzyme called allicin. Allicin can kill the virus and destroy the bacteria that cause sinus infections.
- Coconut water :. It has body cleansing properties and contains potassium
- Spicy Food: General spicy food like horseradish, jalapeno, pepperwill to clear the sinuses by releasing the lining of the nostrils. However, avoid spicy foods if you suffer from acid reflux because they can trigger heartburn. When stomach acid flows back up, inflamed and irritated nasal passages, causing blocked and swollen.
- Chicken Soup :. Contains an amino acid called cysteine that helps initiates a process to break down mucus, leading to clear sinuses and a runny nose
- Pineapple :. Contains bromelain, which has been used for centuries to treat inflammation especially after sinus surgery
The worst for nasal congestion foods:
- caffeine weakens the adrenal glands.
- food high in sugar (ice cream, desserts, soft drinks)
- refined carbohydrates (pasta, white bread, rice)
- Fried foods
- The starchy foods
- Omega 6 fatty acids containing foods
- refined vegetable oils
- Trans saturated fat food and
- food containing additives
- cow’s milk
- fermented foods (sauerkraut, wine, cheese, beer)
Source: www.healthyfoodteam .com
You May Also Like: