There has been surprising new evidence for the use of fish oil for weight loss . Let’s see what this new research has to say.
Fish oil is one of the world’s most popular dietary supplements. However, recent studies have indicated that could be used for more than just brain benefits :. You can also play a key role in weight loss
What is fish oil?
Fish oil is a popular nutritional supplement carried reinforcement brain function , relieve depression, and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
The oil derived from the tissues of fish such as mackerel, tuna, salmon and sturgeon. These oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are intended to play a critical role in the body -. Including your cardiovascular system, cholesterol and brain
The efficacy of supplements of fish oil is under some debate: fish oil indicated some great health benefits in many animal studies, but it has not been absolutely proven much evidence in human trials
However, in a recent Japanese study, researchers found that fish oil has a significant connection to weight loss – . In mice
This study was published in a recent issue of scientific reports .
How fish oil contribute to weight loss work?
The group who ate fish oil with high fat diet gained significantly less weight and less fat compared to the other group without fish oil.
This group also had lower levels of insulin and fasting glucose with warmer temperatures core.
These mice also have higher levels of energy. Scientists found that mice fed fish oil burns more calories. This connection is thought to be related to an increase in brown fat, which is the type of fat that burns calories.
fish oil and UCP1
UCP1 is a protein that gets mentioned a lot of diet pills and supplements modern.
The study of fish oil, UCP1 is found to play a key role in weight loss results from fish oil. Here’s how UCP1 works:
– Low temperatures activate brown fat
– The hypothalamus detects these colder temperatures, then activates the sympathetic nervous system
– When the sympathetic nervous system is activated, the brown fat cells have the signal to generate heat by activating a protein called UCP1
– researchers found that mice who took oil fish in the previous study had levels significantly higher UCP1 than the group who did not take fish oil
– UCP1 is also found in the white fat of mice, although it is typically found in a useless mass ” not do much, “said a researcher
– researchers suspected that the mice who took fish oil had high levels of UCP1 in their fat because fish oil can help transform white fat fat brown
– researchers followed until the theory by the discovery that fish oil works in the receptor that activates UCP1. To confirm that the investigation, which “knocked out” that particular receptor in mice and fed fish oil. Without this receptor, the mice lost weight or gained brown fat.
Ultimately, based on all this information, the researchers concluded that “This provides scientific evidence that fish oil can activate brown adipose tissue to burn fat and help you lose weight.”
Should You Buy Omega-3 supplements to lose weight?
A doctor interviewed the time about this study claimed that the results are preliminary and were conducted in mice:
“The results are preliminary and I have no hurry to buy a bottle of omega-3 to lose weight, “
that doctor did, however, claim that taking omega-3 it is an effective way to enjoy benefits for the brain.
also warned that the search for an omega-3 pill that could enable the production of brown fat in humans would require some new formulas and that “science has not yet come”, but it is obviously a target for manufacturers of nutritional supplements in the future.
Ultimately, fish oil for studying weight loss mentioned above is great news for mice who want to lose weight – but the jury is still out on whether this is a good news for humans who want to lose weight