The perfect summer drink for those fresh strawberries, ripe! This fermented drink is fresh and bubbly strawberry, sweet strawberry, nutritious and full of intestinal probiotics, friendly!
does few weeks we visited our local U-Pick strawberry and carry 30 pounds of beautiful, bright juicy red strawberries!
is always a bit of work aimed at all those strawberries, but every year you will never regret. Girls always have a ball, and I can really say they are beginning to understand that their food is coming from.
Put aside half of what we collect in the freezer to enjoy throughout the year is a great reward … and so is this amazing strawberry soda. took about a week to fully ferment this year, as it has been so cool, but it’s always worth the wait.
This is a great recipe to use up strawberries are beginning to be too soft to eat. You can also get strawberries has already frozen for refreshment. hands on time is very minimal, and there is no need for water kefir grains if you do not. Just some simple whey milk dripped from some yogurt culture it is all I use.
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print fermented strawberry Soda Author Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 5 cups of strawberries
- 1 organic cup pure cane sugar
- 7 cups water
- ½ cup buttermilk ( (Just scoop a container of all natural yogurt in a dish towel, tie him to a closet door and let drip into a jar – liquid dripping is whey milk rich in probiotic yogurt remains of the towel is like Greek yogurt or cream cheese – mmm If you are free of dairy can use kefir grains of water or an error ginger)
- Put strawberries, sugar and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- Crush strawberries in the pot (I use a potato masher), and pour the strawberry sugar water through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk water strawberry sugar in the bowl and stir. Pour the mixture of soda in flip top bottles and located in a warm area of your home.
- After a couple of days you can open a bottle to check for taste and let the fermented exhaust gases so they do not accumulate too. Fermentation can last from 3 days to a week. Our house was quite unusually cool this month so he took mine more like a week. Move the bottles from the refrigerator once they are ready.
For more ideas nutritious drinks can follow my board drinks in Blogger !
More real food recipes that you might like: