One of the biggest fears and nightmares for parents when their baby is small, the possibility of suffocation.
At this time, all panic and do not know exactly what to do in order to avoid the worst.
However, you should be aware that this can happen in any family because children like to study and play with any small object that can be found in the house, and then put it in his mouth. You should not leave small dangerous objects near your child in the first place.
However, if this happens, they are well informed of what to do and how to prevent choking? Today, let’s say that all important tips you need to know.
Step 1 – Assess the situation
- If you notice your child make strange noises, coughs or can not breathe when you open the mouth that you could have a foreign object in the mouth that is causing breathing difficulties.
- If your baby is getting quiet even though his mouth is open, and his face is getting red or purple which means your breathing passage is blocked and you have to react immediately to help him start breathing normally .
- If the baby begins to mourn too much can reject the object by coughing. But if your cough is not very strong and it sounds like he was chocking he needs your help to discard the object blocking breathing.
STEP 2: ELIMINATION OF OBJECT airway
Hitting on the back of
- place forearm on the thigh, palm facing upwards in a sitting position. After that, put the baby in the forearm, so that the baby is leaning with her belly in the arm, and in this position is protecting baby’s jaw with his hand. Keep head lower than the body.
- Now you must hit the baby in the back part 5 times, you can freely use a little force while hitting the baby’s back.
Apply abdominal pressure
- Furthermore support the baby’s head and rolled his face toward the ceiling and pull it in the middle of his hand and chest with a grip very well, with lower than your body head.
- free hand using two fingers to place them in the center of the baby’s chest, just below her nipples and press firmly 5 times. This procedure should successfully remove the foreign object airway.
If this does not work, try CPR. Watch the video that will show you how to do CPR on a baby properly.
ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION- (if other methods have been unsuccessful)
In this video you will see how to perform CPR on your baby, if both the above methods do not they have provided positive results.